Kempy_764
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
At the moment i'm in my final year of GCSEs, I don't whether to either to take Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths at A level or to do a Level 3 extended diploma in Engineering along side an A level in maths or physics. At the moment i'm predicted 7s and 8 in sciences and in maths. In other subjects mostly 6s and 5s. I would like to go to University to study a degree in engineering afterwards. Would just like to get some guidance ?
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a level 3 btec is worth the same as 3 alevels, but keep in mind that you often will need an a level in the subject you’re planning to study
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Level 3 BTECs come in 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 A level sizes - you could potentially do a 1 A level sized one alongside mostly A levels. If you do BTEC engineering, then also do Maths - the majority of universities will require it for an engineering course.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kempy_764)
At the moment i'm in my final year of GCSEs, I don't whether to either to take Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths at A level or to do a Level 3 extended diploma in Engineering along side an A level in maths or physics. At the moment i'm predicted 7s and 8 in sciences and in maths. In other subjects mostly 6s and 5s. I would like to go to University to study a degree in engineering afterwards. Would just like to get some guidance ?
Check the entry requirements for universities you are thinking of. A couple dont accept BTECs but many that do require the full extended BTEC plus A level Maths. Speak to your teachers. If they feel you are good enough I would suggest taking A level Maths and Physics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (402)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.62%

Watched Threads