EllieroseFarmer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anybody know or recommend any university’s in the UK that are good to study English Literature?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hello, my sibling is at Exeter studying Eng Lit at the moment and is really enjoying it and I’ve heard from friends that Durham is also really good. I’d say look at the league tables and student reviews to get an idea of the university’s you like. It depends what kind of teaching you prefer as I know some have tutorial sessions which are a bit like having a tutor and others are more independent.

So just look into the type of teaching you’re looking for. Also lots of uni websites have those student chat forms which could be useful.

Hope this helped
EllieroseFarmer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, my sibling is at Exeter studying Eng Lit at the moment and is really enjoying it and I’ve heard from friends that Durham is also really good. I’d say look at the league tables and student reviews to get an idea of the university’s you like. It depends what kind of teaching you prefer as I know some have tutorial sessions which are a bit like having a tutor and others are more independent.

So just look into the type of teaching you’re looking for. Also lots of uni websites have those student chat forms which could be useful.

Hope this helped
Thank you so much for replying! And I’ll have a look at the unis now xx
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EllieroseFarmer)
Does anybody know or recommend any university’s in the UK that are good to study English Literature?
Its really useful to add your expected grades / academic background as that can help people point you in the right direction. The UK system lets you apply for multiple universities in one go, and you want to aim for some that are a bit above your current level, some that you have a really good chance of getting into and the odd "backup" option just in case. Also are you looking for big city life or small campus in a green field site ?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EllieroseFarmer)
Hi EllieroseFarmer

It is great that you are considering studying English Literature.

One avenue of research would be to look on UCAS in their course finder as it will bring up all the universities which offer the course - https://www.ucas.com/
But I would also visit universities own websites and read about the course in detail such as what you would study as part of that course. most websites course pages will include modules which you potentially get to study so I would suggest looking at those.

We offer several English based degrees here at Hull. Hull has a remarkable literary legacy that has seen it called the country's "most poetic city". Poets Andrew Marvell and Philip Larkin lived here, while the University counts the likes of Douglas Dunn and Roger McGough among our alumni.
Our BA English course allows you to explore literature from the medieval era to the 21st century. Our modules cover (among many other things) English and American poetry, children's literature, dystopian fiction, the literature of modernism and experimentation, drama from ancient Greek to contemporary Britsh, Gothic, crime and transgression.
You'll gain the skills to analyse, research and communicate at a very high level - giving you the skills that are prized in many professions.

Six reasons to study English at Hull:
Ranked 4th in the UK for overall satisfaction*
100% overall satisfaction for 'the teaching on my course*
96% graduate employability rating#
Top 25 for English in the Good University Guide 2021†
Hull's thriving local and global literary scene
Study under internationally renowned scholars

More details are available on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...nglish-ba-hons

Hope this helps

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads