The Student Room Group

Female lifters

I am a female powerlifter, looking for fellow lifters to discuss weights and PBs! I also enjoy strongman lifting, and in that am probably best with my farmers walk.
Need to have a go at farmers as I’m pretty happy with my grip but get the feeling it’ll be humbling 😂 Moving to a new gym in the new year though with loads of strongmen equipment like log, stones etc. So I’ll have to give it a go
Original post by Nutritionist
Need to have a go at farmers as I’m pretty happy with my grip but get the feeling it’ll be humbling 😂 Moving to a new gym in the new year though with loads of strongmen equipment like log, stones etc. So I’ll have to give it a go

That's awesome! I have a set of axel stones at the moment that are great, much better than lifting the sandbags. I love doing a farmers walk cause I lived on a cattle farm for a long time and was used to carrying feed. Do enjoy the yolk too.
whats your stats and pr's
Original post by Proxenus
whats your stats and pr's

My PBs for powerlifting at the moment is 210kg, benching about 95kg (have a rotator cuff injury holding me back) and about 180kg for squats. Farmers walk is about 97.5kg per hand at the moment. Then axel stones and sandbags are about 100kg. Yourself?
Original post by beth/powerlifter
My PBs for powerlifting at the moment is 210kg, benching about 95kg (have a rotator cuff injury holding me back) and about 180kg for squats. Farmers walk is about 97.5kg per hand at the moment. Then axel stones and sandbags are about 100kg. Yourself?

wtf

how old are you and weight
wtf

how old are you and weight

Haha, I'm 18 and weigh about 70kg. Been lifting since I was 14.
Haha, I'm 18 and weigh about 70kg. Been lifting since I was 14.

im the same weight but even training for 4 years your lifts is really high as a girl
im the same weight but even training for 4 years your lifts is really high as a girl

Yeah, I play rugby too. I think people develop as lifters at different rates and as long as you are dedicated to it then progression isn't hard.
do u have ig
do u have ig

I do not currently.

Damn that is some nice stats.
Original post by RichPiana
Damn that is some nice stats.

Haha thank you, hard work pays off
Haha thank you, hard work pays off

That is true. I can see you’ve worked hard to get some impressive numbers.
Yep, had plenty of support and encouragement to push me to my limits. Benching today! Really looking forward to it
Ok, I’m gonna do it. You’re bs’ing your numbers. That total at that weight would break the British record in every single age class, let alone sub junior which you’d be in. It’d break the British sub-junior record by 42kg, that’s MASSIVE. I personally know the current holder of that record, and when she set it she also became the IPF sub-junior WORLD CHAMPION. You’re telling us you are literally the best in the world? With no records whatsoever and no public profile? There’s nobody even close to the current record holder, and you’re saying you’ve shattered it? And you’ve break broken the British OPEN record as an 18 year old? I’m sorry, but it’s not true. You seem nice and passionate about training, I’m not sure why you felt the need to exaggerate your numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest