alg.xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi. Has anyone used Uplearn for a level AQA chem? Is it good and worth it? Did it guarantee you the A/A*? Thank you
jessxann
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by alg.xx)
Hi. Has anyone used Uplearn for a level AQA chem? Is it good and worth it? Did it guarantee you the A/A*? Thank you
Can't answer this specific for chem but I have the maths course and it's been beneficial and I can only imagine it will be the same for you and chem. however it really depends on how much time you're going to put into actually using it - do you have a couple of hours a day to put the effort in? it will guarantee the a/a* if you put the effort in and stick with it x (equally if you don't get the grade they offer the money back option ((probably subject to terms n conditions, if I were you I'd check)))
alg.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by jessxann)
Can't answer this specific for chem but I have the maths course and it's been beneficial and I can only imagine it will be the same for you and chem. however it really depends on how much time you're going to put into actually using it - do you have a couple of hours a day to put the effort in? it will guarantee the a/a* if you put the effort in and stick with it x (equally if you don't get the grade they offer the money back option ((probably subject to terms n conditions, if I were you I'd check)))
Hey thanks for the reply. Did it help you get your grades for maths? Do you know anyone who’s used it for Chem? I usually make flashcards but they take soo much time and effort and I don’t think I can keep it up. If Uplearn if going to guarantee the grades then I can ditch flashcards and use Uplearn instead , but idk if that’s a safe bet. I haven’t even seen any reviews for the chem section. I’m worried that the work they set might be too easy and won’t prepare me for the level of difficulty of the exam.
username5507592
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Would you say that the quality of uplearn is good enough to justify the high price? Thanks
jessxann
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey thanks for the reply. Did it help you get your grades for maths? Do you know anyone who’s used it for Chem? I usually make flashcards but they take soo much time and effort and I don’t think I can keep it up. If Uplearn if going to guarantee the grades then I can ditch flashcards and use Uplearn instead , but idk if that’s a safe bet. I haven’t even seen any reviews for the chem section. I’m worried that the work they set might be too easy and won’t prepare me for the level of difficulty of the exam.
Yeah definitely, my grades have gone from a D to a B. I know some of my friends use it for chem and they believe its helping. It covers the content for the exam board so it won't give you anything that will be too easy. I'd say to use it alongside past paper questions but you should be okay to stop flashcards if you feel like you don't need them once you start doing uplearn
alg.xx
Rep:
?
Yeah definitely, my grades have gone from a D to a B. I know some of my friends use it for chem and they believe its helping. It covers the content for the exam board so it won't give you anything that will be too easy. I'd say to use it alongside past paper questions but you should be okay to stop flashcards if you feel like you don't need them once you start doing uplearn
How long have you been using it? You’ve gone two grades up and that’s amazing but has it taken you 2 years or 1? Do you mind asking your friends about their progress and if they use any other revision resources apart from past papers? Thanks
jessxann
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Student786198)
Would you say that the quality of uplearn is good enough to justify the high price? Thanks
my school pays for it so I don't know how much it costs but I'd say its really good and it's definitely helpful given the disrupted learning from covid and I suppose with everything, if you put the effort in and use it, it'll be worth it (if you get what I mean)
jessxann
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How long have you been using it? You’ve gone two grades up and that’s amazing but has it taken you 2 years or 1? Do you mind asking your friends about their progress and if they use any other revision resources apart from past papers? Thanks
literally about 6 months - basically it's all done by daily xp goals and the more content you cover the more xp you get and it'll improve your grade. I don't think my friends use any other revision resources (mainly bc they don't have the effort to do anything else ahaha) but I'm not sure about their progress yet bc they've not been using it as long
Last edited by jessxann; 9 months ago
alg.xx
Rep:
?
literally about 6 months - basically it's all done by daily xp goals and the more content you cover the more xp you get and it'll improve your grade. I don't think my friends use any other revision resources (mainly bc they don't have the effort to do anything else ahaha) but I'm not sure about their progress yet bc they've not been using it as long
That’s amazing. I hope you get an A* in the end, good luck. Have they said it’s worth it?
jessxann
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
That’s amazing. I hope you get an A* in the end, good luck. Have they said it’s worth it?
Thankyou! yeah they've said it's worth it, it's like I said before - the more effort you put in, the more moneys worth you'll get out of it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads