Would you agree with me?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Moderation note: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

My gf thinks there should be another full lockdown, she means the march one as well when basically everything closes again and you have to stay at home unless you are shopping for medicines for essential food, exercise once a day and whatever the restrictions were. I fully disagree with her, I think there should be no lockdown again. We were arguing that most people would agree with me and she was saying most people would agree with her. Who would you say is right?
Anonymous #1
Anyone?
CoochieMan
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
No we don't need another lockdown. It sounds like she's just lazy. There's no reason for a lockdown, this virus seems to have calmed down and theres a vaccine so what is another lockdown going to do? Cause more havoc? Don't need my mental health to be ruined even more than it is now
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
This belongs on r/AITA due to the fact that this post was created to have people agree with you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoochieMan)
No we don't need another lockdown. It sounds like she's just lazy. There's no reason for a lockdown, this virus seems to have calmed down and theres a vaccine so what is another lockdown going to do? Cause more havoc? Don't need my mental health to be ruined even more than it is now
Yep this is what I was thinking, my gf is at uni anyway I don't think she's lazy I think she thinks it will protect another peak and spread
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
This belongs on r/AITA due to the fact that this post was created to have people agree with you.
What is r/AITA?
flaurie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What is r/AITA?
It’s a Reddit sub forum thing basically where people ask if they were right or wrong
Anonymous #1
(Original post by laurawatt)
It’s a Reddit sub forum thing basically where people ask if they were right or wrong
OK, I don’t know but who do you think is right?
Anonymous #1
So you would agree with me right?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I agree with your girlfriend.. here in Britain, we had a 'lockdown'.. basically pubs, restaurants, gyms and clothing shops were all closed but plumbers and builders could all still work, as well as schools and universities.. so this lockdown was pretty useless.. children can still go to schools, plus it's quite dangerous.. 1000s of children so close to each other at school, I get education is important but it is dangerous.. this is how the virus spreads.. think of all the kids at nursery who constantly put their hands in their mouth, it is so easy for them to catch the virus and make them spread it to their parents. their teachers can't even wear masks as it'll scare the kids.. covid cases are still rising rapidly and we need to control this
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
what about long term effects of the vaccine... no one knows, maybe in 20 years time, there could be some effect on our children or on us
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
what about long term effects of the vaccine... no one knows, maybe in 20 years time, there could be some effect on our children or on us
Yes I was a bit iffy about the vaccine as well, but let's just hope for the best. That being said, I'm not going to take it until I become a doctor (at least 5 and a half years) so I hope by then we'd be notified about the side effects
Anonymous #1
I agree with your girlfriend.. here in Britain, we had a 'lockdown'.. basically pubs, restaurants, gyms and clothing shops were all closed but plumbers and builders could all still work, as well as schools and universities.. so this lockdown was pretty useless.. children can still go to schools, plus it's quite dangerous.. 1000s of children so close to each other at school, I get education is important but it is dangerous.. this is how the virus spreads.. think of all the kids at nursery who constantly put their hands in their mouth, it is so easy for them to catch the virus and make them spread it to their parents. their teachers can't even wear masks as it'll scare the kids.. covid cases are still rising rapidly and we need to control this
Your opinion I don't agree with because there's vaccination rolling out but I did ask if people agree with me or not so ok
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I think that you're right. We do not need another lockdown.
What we do, need, however: stricter laws on masks & social distancing.
People still partying as if there isn't a worldwide pandemic going on is the reason why things haven't improved much in the UK.
Countries like Singapore & Hong Kong were able to tackle the virus so quickly, bc their people had a common sense of respect for each other & complied with social distancing and wearing masks. As such, life is basically normal there. Wish the UK would follow.
RealTalk2020
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My gf thinks there should be another full lockdown, she means the march one as well when basically everything closes again and you have to stay at home unless you are shopping for medicines for essential food, exercise once a day and whatever the restrictions were. I fully disagree with her, I think there should be no lockdown again. We were arguing that most people would agree with me and she was saying most people would agree with her. Who would you say is right?
I think the whole thing is BS anyway, not the virus that is real however they never publicise the survival rate they just show you the apparent deaths. The cold and flu has killed wayyyy more people than covid has and any single virus or disease can kill of vulnerable people. They have a vaccine made in less than a year which is apparently 90% effective for a virus that actually has a 95% survival rate or close to it, doesn't make sense. If they cared about our health then why let us meet random people that aint our family (who have probably been around everyone else) as opposed to meeting family members who would be more safe?

Why make us wait 5 days before even putting us into lockdown if it was that deadly of a virus you would be put into immediate lockdown. its all about control and money, they want to keep rich people richer and the poor poorer so the economy flows, open up for christmas so people can spend money but then bring in tougher restrictions in the new year and try say its because they allowed you to see your families??? lool if it wasn't shown on tv you wouldn't care would you? you would just be going about everyday life trust me the governments logic and approach is what makes it ******** not the virus so i agree with YOU there should not be another lockdown, shouldn't have been one in the first place
Anonymous #1
I think that you're right. We do not need another lockdown.
What we do, need, however: stricter laws on masks & social distancing.
People still partying as if there isn't a worldwide pandemic going on is the reason why things haven't improved much in the UK.
Countries like Singapore & Hong Kong were able to tackle the virus so quickly, bc their people had a common sense of respect for each other & complied with social distancing and wearing masks. As such, life is basically normal there. Wish the UK would follow.
OK, I think the mask laws are fine and people are just getting frustrated
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RealTalk2020)
I think the whole thing is BS anyway, not the virus that is real however they never publicise the survival rate they just show you the apparent deaths. The cold and flu has killed wayyyy more people than covid has and any single virus or disease can kill of vulnerable people. They have a vaccine made in less than a year which is apparently 90% effective for a virus that actually has a 95% survival rate or close to it, doesn't make sense. If they cared about our health then why let us meet random people that aint our family (who have probably been around everyone else) as opposed to meeting family members who would be more safe?

Why make us wait 5 days before even putting us into lockdown if it was that deadly of a virus you would be put into immediate lockdown. its all about control and money, they want to keep rich people richer and the poor poorer so the economy flows, open up for christmas so people can spend money but then bring in tougher restrictions in the new year and try say its because they allowed you to see your families??? lool if it wasn't shown on tv you wouldn't care would you? you would just be going about everyday life trust me the governments logic and approach is what makes it ******** not the virus so i agree with YOU there should not be another lockdown, shouldn't have been one in the first place
I can definitely agree with that mate, this is what I was thinking
RealTalk2020
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
OK, I think the mask laws are fine and people are just getting frustrated
why are we wearing masks for a virus that isnt even contagious according to the government website since march 2020? masks dont even work. and even if they do then why shut down businesses if they work? its all about corrupting the economy so they can control and rebuild making money by loaning businesses money for furlough which they will have to pay back with interest its madness
RealTalk2020
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I can definitely agree with that mate, this is what I was thinking
trust me bro you ain't wrong . the vaccine contains **** that is used to abort babies called MRC-5 just asked the doctor if it contains that and they would have to answer honestly because they have a duty of care to protect patients so if they say yes you are lawfully allowed to refuse any vaccination lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RealTalk2020)
why are we wearing masks for a virus that isnt even contagious according to the government website since march 2020? masks dont even work. and even if they do then why shut down businesses if they work? its all about corrupting the economy so they can control and rebuild making money by loaning businesses money for furlough which they will have to pay back with interest its madness
Exactly, I meant the masks crap shouldn't get any stricter. Also what you have said this is why masks are banned in my house and imo they should be banned in the country
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.72%
Not yet, but I will soon (53)
18.28%
No (116)
40%

Watched Threads