The Student Room Group

My type and does this make me weird?

I have a type and some would say my type suggests I am insecure or weird which I don't agree with.

Anyway, I would like to be with a girl who:
- is a year or two behind me in studies/career so I'm always ahead and can take care of her
- for her to be someone who doesn't express her emotions (through her face.. someone who must be read)
- for her to not be very outgoing
- for her to be someone who is able to cook food
- for her to be incredibly smart
- for her to be shorter than me
- for her to be a chill person in general

What do you guys think? Am I missing anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not particularly weird, just very specific/ high standards. I imagine unattainable for all those traits.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a type and some would say my type suggests I am insecure or weird which I don't agree with.

Anyway, I would like to be with a girl who:
- is a year or two behind me in studies/career so I'm always ahead and can take care of her
- for her to be someone who doesn't express her emotions (through her face.. someone who must be read)
- for her to not be very outgoing
- for her to be someone who is able to cook food
- for her to be incredibly smart
- for her to be shorter than me
- for her to be a chill person in general

What do you guys think? Am I missing anything

Aren't the two points 'doesn't express emotions' and 'be very outgoing' a little contradictory?
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Aren't the two points 'doesn't express emotions' and 'be very outgoing' a little contradictory?

For her to not be very outgoing
Oddly specific and wholly unrealistic.

You desire them to be below you in both their studies and career, but then wish for them to be highly intelligent and introverted. So what you mean, is that you want a girl who's intelligence is below yours, can fulfil tasks for you (such as preparing food), and that can fuel your ego by providing you a means of validation.

You need a puppy, not a girlfriend.
Reply 5
Original post by Bexjw
Not particularly weird, just very specific/ high standards. I imagine unattainable for all those traits.

Is there any in particular that make it seem like anyone asking for the same would be asking for too much?
Why do they always need to be lower than you in their career? Seems like male chauvinism to me. If you want someone intelligent, it is likely that they will meet or exceed you in terms of qualifications/career at some point.
How far ahead are you in your studies/career?
Reply 8
Oddly specific and wholly unrealistic.

You desire them to be below you in both their studies and career, but then wish for them to be highly intelligent and introverted. So what you mean, is that you want a girl who's intelligence is below yours, can fulfil tasks for you (such as preparing food), and that can fuel your ego by providing you a means of validation.

You need a puppy, not a girlfriend.

I didn't say anywhere that I would like her to be below me? I just imagine it would be difficult for me

I would like someone who can express their emotions I just meant for her to trust that she can go to me for help ahh man I must have a problem with jealousy
Reply 9
Seems weird to me. You just want someone to not express her emotions, essentially someone emotionless and to not have any friends. Find this super weird and creepy

Why wouldn't I want her to have friends? All I said was for her to be similar to me because I'm not outgoing
Reply 10
Is there any in particular that make it seem like anyone asking for the same would be asking for too much?

You want someone who’s incredibly smart but can’t be ahead of you in career or studies. You want them to be ‘chill’ yet not show their emotions. You also want them to be shy/ not very outgoing.

It’s a combination that just doesn’t mix.

Someone who’s shorter than you and able to cook is more achievable. Not a guarantee of course.
They don't like it when a WOMAN is better than them. This is what watching p*rn does to a mf

That's a very harsh assumption and I didn't say anywhere that she couldn't be better than me at anything
I didn't say anywhere that I would like her to be below me? I just imagine it would be difficult for me

I would like someone who can express their emotions I just meant for her to trust that she can go to me for help ahh man I must have a problem with jealousy

Your 'specification' of a partner reads in a way that indicates you want them to rely on you. You state, 'for her to be incredibly smart', but also similarly state, 'is a year or two behind me in studies/career so I'm always ahead and can take care of her', which would indicate you don't want her to exceed you. This is highly unlikely given she's 'highly intelligent', therefore, the measure of intelligence must be in relation to your own. Not to mention the other pre-requisites you state that hint at you not particularly desiring any autonomy in your partner, which likely stems from insecurity and a fundamental misunderstanding on how natural human relationships are maintained, or formed for that matter.

If you imagine it would be difficult for you to be with a woman more successful than you I think you need to work on yourself before getting into a relationship, and to me it seems like you’re describing a slave not a girlfriend!
Not outgoing means not liking to speak to other people other than you I assume. That sounds super creepy and controlling and I guarantee most women do NOT want that

There are different levels of how outgoing a person can be? Would you like the idea of your partner speaking to the opposite gender all the time? Not even that, why would you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be around you?

Original post by Bexjw
You want someone who’s incredibly smart but can’t be ahead of you in career or studies. You want them to be ‘chill’ yet not show their emotions. You also want them to be shy/ not very outgoing.

It’s a combination that just doesn’t mix.

Someone who’s shorter than you and able to cook is more achievable. Not a guarantee of course.

She can be chill and by emotions I just meant one thing I find unattractive is an obnoxious person for example. And in that situation why can't she be smarter than me?
I'm not heartless, I'm aware of showing emotions and I was more trying to cover people who are loud and obnoxious in general (expressing emotion through face or whatever in that way)
Not weird or insecure. :smile:
I suspect that you are put off by partygoers, loud and intensely competitive people.
Do bear in mind that a lot of your criteria are likely to be shared by older more socially traditionalist guys who want to have a tradwife that gives up working after marriage.
Original post by Bexjw

No offence but you must have a low opinion of women lol.

The only ones I find unusual is the first and second one.

What I would say OP is I hope you can meet exactly the same, as a woman like this isn't going to put up with any crap.
Original post by londonmyst
Not weird or insecure. :smile:
I suspect that you are put off by partygoers, loud and intensely competitive people.
Do bear in mind that a lot of your criteria are likely to be shared by older more socially traditionalist guys who want to have a tradwife that gives up working after marriage.

I would never ask anyone to give up their work... that's up to them. And yes, I was trying to cover the partygoers and what you have mentioned, does that make me bad?
Apologies, I suppose it doesn't fulfil the requirement in full. However, It can be taught to do things on command which I believe is still a desirable trait for the OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending