The Student Room Group

My type and does this make me weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I would never ask anyone to give up their work... that's up to them. And yes, I was trying to cover the partygoers and what you have mentioned, does that make me bad?

No, nothing bad.
Those are your personal dating preferences and dealbreakers.
I date with a minimum 15 year age gap and operate a long list of mostly personality based dating dealbreakers.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
No, nothing bad.
Those are your personal dating preferences and dealbreakers.
I date with a minimum 15 year age gap and operate a long list of mostly personality based dating dealbreakers.
Good luck!

They aren't exactly my dating preferences because I don't date
What's wrong with that?? If she's not cheating on you let her talk to other people wtf. An outgoing person doesn't mean someone who cares about public attention more than you. It just means a talkative friendly person. If you didn't want her cheating on you then say that, don't say NO SHE CAN'T BE OUTGOING SHE MUST GIVE ATTENTION TO ME. She's a human, you're a human, you can't expect her to submit to you. Let her talk to other people regardless of gender if she wants to. If she's not cheating on you, it doesn't concern you

Outgoing itself doesn't mean she is talkative? And why would anyone specify that they don't want a girl to be cheating because isn't that common sense
I don't think there is anything specific except the showing emotions which has left everyone here crying for some reason
Tbh it seems a bit misogynistic and sexist
Apologies, I suppose it doesn't fulfil the requirement in full. However, It can be taught to do things on command which I believe is still a desirable trait for the OP.

Hilarious
Tbh it seems a bit misogynistic and sexist

Is there anything in my list that a woman could not want from someone she is looking for?
Good point.

I do not know why he wants a woman who shows no emotion. Does he enjoy the silent treatment? I prefer being shouted at by an Italian woman than being given the cold shoulder personally.
Lmao you need a pet, not a gf
I explained what I meant by that and it was a person who is obnoxious, loud and anything similar to that. Most chill people don't need to be loud or need to be super expressive that's why they're chill
Is there anything in my list that a woman could not want from someone she is looking for?

Well you want her to be a few years behind you so you can take care of her. It seems your ego can’t handle a women being the main bread winner within a relationship or ahead of you career wise.
Well, I wouldn't be right for you I always express my emotions. If you make me angry you will know about it and other things . Girls can't just be emotionless. And what if you find someone that's in the same year as you that you like?

So being emotionless, you're not allowed to cry or anything ? That's so weird and random
I wouldn't really want a guy ALWAYS looking after me, I'm 16 and don't need a babysitter. What if they're doing different subjects to you? You can't help them.

How old are you ? Because if you're 16 ad want someone younger that's not allowed
Lmao you need a pet, not a gf

Can you not? Everyone knows no pet would like to be with me
Reply 34
Original post by tashkent46
No offence but you must have a low opinion of women lol.

The only ones I find unusual is the first and second one.

What I would say OP is I hope you can meet exactly the same, as a woman like this isn't going to put up with any crap.

Low opinion of women? Whilst being a woman? I’m saying he won’t likely find someone to fulfil the requirements because women are most likely to overachieve those, rather than underachieve.

He’s wanting completely conflicting traits. To also want a woman who is incredibly smart but ‘not smarter than him’ or ahead is ridiculous. Not be outgoing as well? Many women are outgoing. OP wants to be the dominant personality in the relationship and relied upon. Many women are empowered and completely self-reliant.

It doesn’t mean he can’t find the perfect person for him but to find a woman who conforms to all of those traits isn’t particularly likely.
Hilarious

Be honest, have you ever been in a serious relationship? I'm not talking about a brief thing, I mean a committed relationship.

I'm engaged, and when I met my fiancé I didn't have a list of pre-requisites, hell, I never thought I'd be in my current position with her. We've been through thick and thin together, from studying our masters, dealing with our highly different cultural backgrounds, pregnancy, and so on. I wouldn't change any of this, nor would I change anything about her.

I apologise if I offended you with my prior posts, but I just simply think that you need to come to terms with yourself prior to even considering a relationship. Because it's not as black and white as crafting an ideal in your mind, people are individuals and a relationship is a two-way street, you can't impose your own ideal on another and expect things to last.
Original post by Bexjw
Low opinion of women? Whilst being a woman? I’m saying he won’t likely find someone to fulfil the requirements because women are most likely to overachieve those, rather than underachieve.

He’s wanting completely conflicting traits. To also want a woman who is incredibly smart but ‘not smarter than him’ or ahead is ridiculous. Not be outgoing as well? Many women are outgoing. OP wants to be the dominant personality in the relationship and relied upon. Many women are empowered and completely self-reliant.

It doesn’t mean he can’t find the perfect person for him but to find a woman who conforms to all of those traits isn’t particularly likely.

It is entirely possible to be a woman and have a low opinion of women.

Fair about the point of conflicting traits. I was concentrating more on the things like cooking, being smart. Not really hard to find.
Lmao. This is something people do not seem to get. Women go for 'weird types' all the time. I mean Hitler was at one point the most powerful man in the world, so he did have an advantage, but it is amazing how many women choose people who are otherwise completely unexceptional. People like who they like. Instead of having a list of traits like OP does just wing it.
Original post by Bexjw

You have to be an absolute loser if you would prefer your girl to not feel like she can rely on you

Soft spoken works and that line about Hitler really gives me hope
If being smart was easily found in a woman, then surely they wouldn't be seen as smart, but rather be seen as average, since smart is being above average, but if there are a lot of smart women, then that becomes the new average

Why is smart incompatible with average? Smart just means showing good intelligence. It has nothing to do with how many people have it, I think it is quite common, at least here in the UK there are a large number of degree holders.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending