what are some quality phones under £300?

Watch
Bvbfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im in need of a new phone but im not sure which one to go for, i've always steered clear of the main brands and tried to conduct my own research and find a phone for a much smaller price that is as good. anyone know any good phones that are ideally 200-250 quid and are quite modern? if possible try to suggest some phones that are quite an obscure brand. because all the main ones are over priced. for example the last phone i got was a lenovo p2, which none of my friends had heard of but it was actually a quality phone. any ideas?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bvbfan)
Im in need of a new phone but im not sure which one to go for, i've always steered clear of the main brands and tried to conduct my own research and find a phone for a much smaller price that is as good. anyone know any good phones that are ideally 200-250 quid and are quite modern? if possible try to suggest some phones that are quite an obscure brand. because all the main ones are over priced. for example the last phone i got was a lenovo p2, which none of my friends had heard of but it was actually a quality phone. any ideas?
You can find my top recommendations at different budgets in the TSR Phone Guide. For £225-£300 you're looking at either the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite or Realme X50 5G as my top recommendations, both representing very good budget 5G handsets. Very similar overall phones, the biggest difference being the high refresh rate 120Hz display on the Realme, or the superior quality AMOLED but more conventional 60Hz refresh rate on the Xiaomi. Stock of my third option, the Pixel 3A, seems to have dried up after Black Friday so that will be getting removed from the guide.
Avenue2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Samsung Galaxy A51
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are a lot of options, you'll need to know your priorities:
https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php...&nPriceMax=300

All these phones are good, i've used £200 phones in the past, currently using a phone that cost me £85 and it's decent for browsing, only issue is storage but I had to sacrifice somewhere. if you like clean software, Motorola is really your only option. Xiaomi and the other Chinese companies are a mess and basically spyware since they record what apps you open and do in them. I wouldn't like Xiaomi knowing what documents I have saved in my File Manager for example.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2003a39)
...Motorola is really your only option. Xiaomi and the other Chinese companies are a mess and basically spyware since they record what apps you open and do in them. I wouldn't like Xiaomi knowing what documents I have saved in my File Manager for example.
Lol. Guess who owns Motorola Mobility :lol:

Im in need of a new phone but im not sure which one to go for,..
I'd recommend anything by Xiaomi or Poco.

Save some money for other interests!

(I have the Poco X3 NFC and I have nothing but praise for it)
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Lol. Guess who owns Motorola Mobility :lol:
Yep. You just made me realise why Motorolas are good value, they're Lenovo-ese, like most other good-value brands.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2003a39)
Yep. You just made me realise why Motorolas are good value, they're Lenovo-ese, like most other good-value brands.
I told you this last week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (124)
62.31%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise