Helpplease78
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been thinking about writing this for a long time, but didn't have the courage to until now. I know this is a little long, but please read.

I am a University student at a World class institution. I am now home during the Christmas period.

My brother has been a drug dealer for over 7 years. As far as I am aware he only sells Weed, but I don't know. My parents house always stinks of it. I don't know why my parents enable this behavior and they will never kick him out. My brother left school at 16 with no qualifications and has just been selling drugs since then, and has never had a real job. He drives an Aldi and has thousands saved up. He always blasts his music, is very aggressive and does as he pleases and my parents bend over backwards for him and do whatever he says.

Recently he bought home a dog that he claims he spent £8000 for. My parents never liked animals but there is nothing they can do and they wont kick the dog or him out. So when it turned up they said nothing. My brother never plans on leaving and my parents are his literal slaves. They cook for him always, and even more if he demands it. Cleans his room all the time, does his washing. He always brings his drugie friends over to. Blasts music all night, and does as he pleases. He has 0 respect for anyone, and over the years there have been many fights in this house, which was one of the reasons I wanted to go university so desperately to get away, as it is miserable here.

I have had several physical fights with my brother over the years and have tried calling the cops on my brother for his drug dealing and have reported him several times, but Police just don't seem to care or do anything. He has never been caught for drug dealing. He was once stopped for smoking a joint on the street with a friend of his by an undercover and was given a caution, but that is it. He brags how he was stopped with almost 10 ounces of weed in the car once and told the cops it was for "personal use" and got away with it.

Yesterday, he attacked me because he thought I was trying to sign him up to the army then realised it was one of his friends. ofcourse, I never received an appology. I have an argument with my parents all the time about my brother and his drug use/dealing and his behaviour, but no matter how rational I am they will never listen and just see him as baby. Even though now he is well into his 20s.

I don't know what to do anymore. I just carry on with my work and am always holding on dearly to my laptop, as my brother might spill something all over it like he has done before, and I had almost lost all my work. I struggle to sleep at night with all the music he plays.

I am looking for advice on what to do. Please comment below.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I think you should ask yourself if it is worth going through this trouble that affects both your life and your parents for someone who seems to not appreciate their family. Reporting him may be difficult as he is your family but all in all necessary to prevent this from accelerating more than it should. Perhaps have a one on one heart felt convo with him and let him know you care and this isn’t the right way to treat people or make a living. I hope you get the help you need
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Helpplease78)
I have been thinking about writing this for a long time, but didn't have the courage to until now. I know this is a little long, but please read.

I am a University student at a World class institution. I am now home during the Christmas period.

My brother has been a drug dealer for over 7 years. As far as I am aware he only sells Weed, but I don't know. My parents house always stinks of it. I don't know why my parents enable this behavior and they will never kick him out. My brother left school at 16 with no qualifications and has just been selling drugs since then, and has never had a real job. He drives an Aldi and has thousands saved up. He always blasts his music, is very aggressive and does as he pleases and my parents bend over backwards for him and do whatever he says.

Recently he bought home a dog that he claims he spent £8000 for. My parents never liked animals but there is nothing they can do and they wont kick the dog or him out. So when it turned up they said nothing. My brother never plans on leaving and my parents are his literal slaves. They cook for him always, and even more if he demands it. Cleans his room all the time, does his washing. He always brings his drugie friends over to. Blasts music all night, and does as he pleases. He has 0 respect for anyone, and over the years there have been many fights in this house, which was one of the reasons I wanted to go university so desperately to get away, as it is miserable here.

I have had several physical fights with my brother over the years and have tried calling the cops on my brother for his drug dealing and have reported him several times, but Police just don't seem to care or do anything. He has never been caught for drug dealing. He was once stopped for smoking a joint on the street with a friend of his by an undercover and was given a caution, but that is it. He brags how he was stopped with almost 10 ounces of weed in the car once and told the cops it was for "personal use" and got away with it.

Yesterday, he attacked me because he thought I was trying to sign him up to the army then realised it was one of his friends. ofcourse, I never received an appology. I have an argument with my parents all the time about my brother and his drug use/dealing and his behaviour, but no matter how rational I am they will never listen and just see him as baby. Even though now he is well into his 20s.

I don't know what to do anymore. I just carry on with my work and am always holding on dearly to my laptop, as my brother might spill something all over it like he has done before, and I had almost lost all my work. I struggle to sleep at night with all the music he plays.

Are you one of my siblings? 🤔
Lol jokin I haven't sold drugs in about two years
Helpplease78
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think you should ask yourself if it is worth going through this trouble that affects both your life and your parents for someone who seems to not appreciate their family. Reporting him may be difficult as he is your family but all in all necessary to prevent this from accelerating more than it should. Perhaps have a one on one heart felt convo with him and let him know you care and this isn’t the right way to treat people or make a living. I hope you get the help you need
I have reported him several times to the Police, nothing happens. They even know his car number plate, where he lives and everything.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I have reported him several times to the Police, nothing happens. They even know his car number plate, where he lives and everything.
You should bring it up to a child line service, or any other service that supports children or teens or service. It’s odd the police haven’t done anything about him considering he sells drugs. Definitely getting in touch with specific services will help you
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the only realistic future for you is to get your degree and get away from this toxic household.
Helpplease78
Rep:
?
You should bring it up to a child line service, or any other service that supports children or teens or service. It’s odd the police haven’t done anything about him considering he sells drugs. Definitely getting in touch with specific services will help you
He is 23 years old. So I don't think child line services will help... and from what I have seen from different places people only help if he wants help, which he doesn't.

The Police have done nothing, which is a big shame. I remember going to the police station again recently to report a drug dealer and they just said call and I did. Nothing has happened. It is really sad :/
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
focus on your degree. save up and move the hell out. that’s a toxic household. get out while you can! <3
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
He is 23 years old. So I don't think child line services will help... and from what I have seen from different places people only help if he wants help, which he doesn't.

The Police have done nothing, which is a big shame. I remember going to the police station again recently to report a drug dealer and they just said call and I did. Nothing has happened. It is really sad :/
I’m sure even if you inform childlike about it then can inform you onto a different platform to submit this info onto which will provide you with help. Write to the council, complain to the other local authorities near by, you will eventually get hell, it may be difficult and time consuming but it will help in the long term.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You should have just stayed at uni? Next year you will be in a house so just stay over the holidays there and visit your parents for a day or two ideally if your bro isn't around. I wouldn't even stay in a house like that for one more night.
redoubtable
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is it worth it being there for Christmas?
Helpplease78
Rep:
?
I’m sure even if you inform childlike about it then can inform you onto a different platform to submit this info onto which will provide you with help. Write to the council, complain to the other local authorities near by, you will eventually get hell, it may be difficult and time consuming but it will help in the long term.
Ok I will try that thanks. How do I write to the local authorities? Or council?
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Not a lot you can do, unless your parents are prepared to put ultimatums in front of your brother I suggest you look after yourself but let your brother know that if he wishes to turn a corner you will support him but not until that point.
Helpplease78
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Not a lot you can do, unless your parents are prepared to put ultimatums in front of your brother I suggest you look after yourself but let your brother know that if he wishes to turn a corner you will support him but not until that point.
Yeah I see your point, I have put up with it for 7 years. Just need to finish University and get a decent job and move out, and visit my family once a year, and I will be happier. Even as I am writing this, my brother is in the next room blasting his hiphop music talking about drugs and money which is really quite annoying. Especially as I have a lot of assignments to be getting on with to. My parents would never do anything to my brother. He is their little baby and bend over backwards for that lowlife. Life..
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Ok I will try that thanks. How do I write to the local authorities? Or council?
depending on where you live you can type .gov after the name of the place and it will take you a website where you can find all sorts of help including things like reporting abuse or improving mental well-being. Or if you scroll right to the bottom you can find several contact information like phone numbers or emails that will help you. Best of luck
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I see your point, I have put up with it for 7 years. Just need to finish University and get a decent job and move out, and visit my family once a year, and I will be happier. Even as I am writing this, my brother is in the next room blasting his hiphop music talking about drugs and money which is really quite annoying. Especially as I have a lot of assignments to be getting on with to. My parents would never do anything to my brother. He is their little baby and bend over backwards for that lowlife. Life..
I know how you feel I had to deal with it to and it affected my mental health. My brother would loudly play music during day and night whilst I would be preparing for my real GCSE and I wanted to often burst into tears from frustration and lack of appreciation and understanding, you will get through it with time, pain in temporary
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your parents aren’t fit for purpose. There isn’t really much you can do other than look after yourself and distance yourself as much as possible.
Helpplease78
Rep:
?
depending on where you live you can type .gov after the name of the place and it will take you a website where you can find all sorts of help including things like reporting abuse or improving mental well-being. Or if you scroll right to the bottom you can find several contact information like phone numbers or emails that will help you. Best of luck
So I just looked online and typed .gov. It took me to the local councils website but I can only report a crime as such if I lived in a council block or council owned property As I don't the only other option is to "call the police", and I have already been down that route. But thanks anyway
Helpplease78
Rep:
?
I know how you feel I had to deal with it to and it affected my mental health. My brother would loudly play music during day and night whilst I would be preparing for my real GCSE and I wanted to often burst into tears from frustration and lack of appreciation and understanding, you will get through it with time, pain in temporary
You are right, pain is temporary. I hope your brother isn't a low life like mine who wakes up. Responds to his drug dealing phone calls. Counts money and listens to songs about drugs and money all day..... Thanks for your input
Helpplease78
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Your parents aren’t fit for purpose. There isn’t really much you can do other than look after yourself and distance yourself as much as possible.
Yeah, I guess you are right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads