GianiOrlando
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello. I am intending in applying at King's in order to study Computer Science.
The subject requirements are AAA, including Maths/Computing at A Level, and a B/6 in GCSE Maths.
I have AAAA predicted including Maths and Further, and an 8 at GCSE Maths.
However, the requirements for GCSE only state Maths, and nothing about English, Science, etc.
My GCSEs overall are A*887666665, with 5 in English Language and 6 in Literature.
Can someone advise me to whether my GCSEs meet the requirements for Computer Science, as I doubt King's is the only university that doesn't look at Science/English.
Thanks!!!!
lilo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
omgg i'm applying for the compsci at kings too! i think as long as it's 5 or above in the core subjects I think it's fine as that's what most unis go by and you have a good grade in gcse maths so it should be fine
GianiOrlando
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilo16)
omgg i'm applying for the compsci at kings too! i think as long as it's 5 or above in the core subjects I think it's fine as that's what most unis go by and you have a good grade in gcse maths so it should be fine
They have this 'English language requirements', just below the 'International requirements', but am not sure if they are also required to be met by UK students, as they say they want a 6 in GCSE, but not sure on whether I'll be fine (I got a 6 in Literature, so hopefully:]).
I do also qualify for the contextual offer, so I am technically 2 grades above. We'll just wait and see I guess!
What else did you apply/will apply for and what are your predicted if you don't mind? I'm thinking about St Andrew's, but it's extremely competitive!
lilo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GianiOrlando)
They have this 'English language requirements', just below the 'International requirements', but am not sure if they are also required to be met by UK students, as they say they want a 6 in GCSE, but not sure on whether I'll be fine (I got a 6 in Literature, so hopefully:]).
I do also qualify for the contextual offer, so I am technically 2 grades above. We'll just wait and see I guess!
What else did you apply/will apply for and what are your predicted if you don't mind? I'm thinking about St Andrew's, but it's extremely competitive!
No I think that should be fine as you are a home student so they expect that English speaking level from you anyway and they usually have higher standards for internationals as it may not be their first language. I'm applying for Bristol, Birmingham, King's, Nottingham and Royal Holloway, where else are you thinking of applying?
GianiOrlando
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilo16)
No I think that should be fine as you are a home student so they expect that English speaking level from you anyway and they usually have higher standards for internationals as it may not be their first language. I'm applying for Bristol, Birmingham, King's, Nottingham and Royal Holloway, where else are you thinking of applying?
100% I am applying for Queen Mary, Exeter and Leeds. My other 2 options will be 2 from St Andrews, King's and York, based upon whether King's will be fine with a 5 in Language. I emailed them and currently waiting for a response.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (346)
55.72%
I don't have everything I need (275)
44.28%

Watched Threads