The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
So I just received an email from Four Brick Court thanking me for the application and that it is 'being considered and we will email again when we have finished the shortlisting process.'

I'm just wondering if there's any significance to this? I would assume not, if this were emailed on the day I sent the application/ the deadline day but it's about a week later.

I also got a similar one on the day of sending my application but from the recruitment team at gateway, regarding Four Brick Court. This is an additional one.

*clinging at straws intensifies*

Also ~ has anyone heard anything either way from Harcourt or Four Brick Court?
Original post by SSTV
So I just received an email from Four Brick Court thanking me for the application and that it is 'being considered and we will email again when we have finished the shortlisting process.'

I'm just wondering if there's any significance to this? I would assume not, if this were emailed on the day I sent the application/ the deadline day but it's about a week later.

I also got a similar one on the day of sending my application but from the recruitment team at gateway, regarding Four Brick Court. This is an additional one.

*clinging at straws intensifies*

Also ~ has anyone heard anything either way from Harcourt or Four Brick Court?

No, there is no significance to it, for two reasons. First, no set will have completed the sifting process and decided on the candidates to shortlist for interview within one week of the gateway closing. Second, as a general rule take things at face value. The email explicitly says that your application is being considered and that they have not finished the shortlisting process. There's no reason to think that's not right, in which case this is just a holding email.

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one who will be clinging at any straw that floats into their vicinity in the next few months.
Anyone who applied to Doughty Street - have you been emailed asking you to complete Rare Recruitment? I haven’t, but in the application it said we would get an automated request. The link is now there on the gateway advert so not sure if we are meant to do it anyway?
Original post by judge_john_deed
Anyone who applied to Doughty Street - have you been emailed asking you to complete Rare Recruitment? I haven’t, but in the application it said we would get an automated request. The link is now there on the gateway advert so not sure if we are meant to do it anyway?

There was a link to it when I was completing the application online. I didn't get a separate email.
First string of rejections out for 12CP by email.
Original post by barwithacapitalb
Did anyone receive confirmation of receipt from Atkin Chambers?

Nope, and I was stupid enough to send them an updated application (as I got a scholarship from City after making my initial one but before the deadline). I don't feel like chasing them because I feel they will just get annoyed aha.
Original post by Suffering4Pup
Hey, has anyone received any invites or rejections yet? I know it's only been a week but really nervous

Rejected by XXIV because I failed the Watson-Glaser, always knew it wouldn't go well so not too depressed.
Original post by rebjones1998
Anyone who submitted their application eve of 7th/morn of 8th not received confirmation from QEB HW?

I sent my app on 3rd and received confirmation about 2 days after
Original post by rebjones1998
Anyone who submitted their application eve of 7th/morn of 8th not received confirmation from QEB HW?

I got confirmation yesterday so hopefully you heard too!
Original post by Legaleeeeeagle
First string of rejections out for 12CP by email.

Did you receive any confirmation about your application being submitted?
Anyone heard from Gray's Inn Tax or Field Court Tax yet?
Original post by Pages_hardcover
Did you receive any confirmation about your application being submitted?

Yes I did, I received confirmation on the 8th (submitted on the 7th)
Original post by judge_john_deed

You were supposed to fill it out with the application as there was a link on gateway.

I filled it out at that point and haven't received an email after. I think those who maybe forgot to fill it out with the application may have got an email.
Original post by TradLawyer
Nope, and I was stupid enough to send them an updated application (as I got a scholarship from City after making my initial one but before the deadline). I don't feel like chasing them because I feel they will just get annoyed aha.

@TradLawyer good to hear nobody else has heard! Have you applied for any of the places which require assessed minis as part of the process?
Has anyone received confirmation that their application has been received by Foundry and/or 15 New Bridge Street? Thanks.
Info on furnival chambers on www.unregisteredbarristers.com under the pupillage gateway 2021 blog, plus some suggested curveball interview questions
Original post by tishhhk
You were supposed to fill it out with the application as there was a link on gateway.

I filled it out at that point and haven't received an email after. I think those who maybe forgot to fill it out with the application may have got an email.

Well that's not actually what the advert said. It says 'Once you have completed your application you will be sent an automated email asking for you to complete a five-minute contextual survey' so, after you have submitted, not during. The link wasn't there when I started my application. But the automated email I got was just the Gateway one confirming my application was received. Not sure why they've said it will come via email when it then didn't.
Haven't been chased for it so far but have completed it now, not sure when this Rare thing is used - does anyone know? Haven't been asked to do it before. I'm assuming if it was used straight away e.g. when sifting they would've chased us for it?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Legaleeeeeagle
Yes I did, I received confirmation on the 8th (submitted on the 7th)

Thanks for your reply. I just checked my spam and found the confirmation there.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by barwithacapitalb
@TradLawyer good to hear nobody else has heard! Have you applied for any of the places which require assessed minis as part of the process?

Yes, I applied to 3VB. Haven't heard from then either.
Seen a few people posting on LinkedIn and Twitter about rejections today. Anyone know where for? Cannot stop the constant refreshing of emails and worrying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending