The Student Room Group

How to get revenge on my mum who abused me?

In my childhood she was physically/emotionally abused me , she was controlling, she was negative and she was the same with my siblings. I used to have to get attacked my self, I used to watch my siblings get attacked, I had infront of me my mum force feeding my sibling to the point they didn't want the rest of their meal to the point they were full but my mum forced it to the pothey physically threw up because she used to threatened them and physically force it in their mouth. It wasn't easy witnessing it.

I've been thinking about this the fact this was my past and I'm angry with my mum. I want to get*revenge*and she can't do anything because social services know what she did to us and other people are involved so if she does anything to me then she would get into trouble.
How old are you? :confused:

Life is too short to waste your time and emotion on horrid individuals who don't deserve it.
Focus on building the future that you want, doing the things that have a positive impact on your life and make you happy.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
How old are you? :confused:

Life is too short to waste your time and emotion on horrid individuals who don't deserve it.
Focus on building the future that you want, doing the things that have a positive impact on your life and make you happy.
Good luck!

20s

But I can’t just let her get away with what she's done to me
Get revenge by moving on with your life, working hard to become successful and happy
The bad revenge ends up being more hurtful in the end
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Get revenge by moving on with your life, working hard to become successful and happy
The bad revenge ends up being more hurtful in the end

I'm not going to do that, if I do that it means I have let her do all of the above to me, not doing anything is hurting me, I just look like a punch bag who she can just abuse and sweep it away
20s

But I can’t just let her get away with what she's done to me

Focus on your own happiness, health and the future life that you want. :smile:
Don't waste your time or energy on powerful negativity like hate, rage and revenge.
You can't change the past- only move on, learn from it, cut contact with vicious individuals.
Maybe help other abuse survivors struggling to recover and rebuild their lives.

Nobody has constant good luck forever.
Your mother won't get away with her abusive behaviour or evil actions.
Karma remembers everyone and karmic overdrafts will always be repaid.
The only questions are how and when.
Good luck!
I'm not going to do that, if I do that it means I have let her do all of the above to me, not doing anything is hurting me, I just look like a punch bag who she can just abuse and sweep it away

Agreed you should never have gone through what you did but getting revenge will only make things worse to be honest
She’ll regret it when she’s older and needs you to look after her
Work on yourself and aim to become successful
Focus on yourself and remove yourself from all negativities
You’ve already made a thread about this, just ignore her and block all contacts.
The other users are right, I'm afraid. The best revenge is getting on with your life, being happy and successful and not needing to rely on her anymore.

I know someone who's mum treated them awfully, very manipulative and abusive. They eventually had enough, moved into their dad's house and have very limited contact with their mum, who is still bitter and still trying to make this person feel guilty for moving out, still rubbing it in their face that they have 'mother daughter days' with other girls who aren't even her daughter. But they just ignore it. If her mum is going out of her way to cause drama and upset her then she's only looking for a reaction, the most infuriating thing you can do to someone who wants to piss you off is to rise above it all, move on, and show them you can live your life without their influence or control.

Quick Reply