Should I have reported this doctor?

Watch
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For context: I’m a 16 year old girl (I’m drunk so please excuse my awful formatting) this boy added me on Snapchat, turns out he was 23 and he is in medical school. He stated off nice then he was asking me inappropriate questions like do I finger myself etc..I had a massive go at him saying how he could potentially lose his job and he’s an absolute creep then blocked him. I just feel ew and idk
shawn j
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hootdoot04)
For context: I’m a 16 year old girl (I’m drunk so please excuse my awful formatting) this boy added me on Snapchat, turns out he was 23 and he is in medical school. He stated off nice then he was asking me inappropriate questions like do I finger myself etc..I had a massive go at him saying how he could potentially lose his job and he’s an absolute creep then blocked him. I just feel ew and idk
wow, id suggest staying off of snapchat for a while!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Definitely report him - if he's going into medicine, may end up working with other people your age and may possibly put them in danger too. Having someone that talks inappropriately to younger people in a field like his is so dangerous! By reporting him to his school/job, there will be less of a chance that he will talk to you or someone inappropriately ever again.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ecolier Any advice?
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Definitely report him - if he's going into medicine, may end up working with other people your age and may possibly put them in danger too. Having someone that talks inappropriately to younger people in a field like his is so dangerous! By reporting him to his school/job, there will be less of a chance that he will talk to you or someone inappropriately ever again.
Ikr I’m just creeped out lol, people like this shouldn’t be allowed near vulnerable people
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you know he's 23 and in medical school? People can lie online.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
ecolier Any advice?
Taking everything at face value, OP should report that person.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean don't doctors have sexual relations too? I don't agree with the age thing, but isn't in legal in the UK?
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
How do you know he's 23 and in medical school? People can lie online.
He sent me pics of him in his scrubs just find it gross that people do this like wtf
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He isn't a doctor, he's a medical student.

I don't really see what grounds you would have for reporting him. You are over the age of consent, and doctors/medical students are allowed to flirt/sext like anyone else.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
I mean don't doctors have sexual relations too? I don't agree with the age thing, but isn't in legal in the UK?
Kind of in agreement with this.

What he did was creepy, but with no other context - it's kind of excessive to immediately try to end his career. OP may appear old for her age, not display her age on social media platforms/snapchat, further to sexual acts between individuals aged >=16 being entirely legal (Assuming they're in the UK).

Yeah, this person could potentially abuse his position to take advantage of vulnerable people, but making this sweeping statement based on one act with no context is kind of extreme.
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)

I don't really see what grounds you would have for reporting him. You are over the age of consent, and doctors/medical students are allowed to flirt/sext like anyone else.
I mean 🤷*♂️ isn’t he breaking safeguarding rules, I spoke to my parents (they work in the medical field) and he could be struck off
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean 🤷*♂️ isn’t he breaking safeguarding rules, I spoke to my parents (they work in the medical field) and he could be struck off
What "safeguarding rules"? You aren't a patient of his, are you? (And he's a medical student anyway by the sounds of things, not a fully qualified doctor.)

What next? Will it be a "reportable offence" for medical students to use Tinder?!
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
What "safeguarding rules"? You aren't a patient of his, are you? (And he's a medical student anyway by the sounds of things, not a fully qualified doctor.)
If you’re a doctor you have to have a DBS check...he started his creepy BS before he asked my age. What if i was naive 11 year old? He’d have CSA images on his phone
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Healthcare professionals, including students, have a duty to uphold certain principles set out by their relevant regulating body so it is more than plausible that the student in question may have been disobeying said rules and could face disciplinary action. Naturally, if the student was reported, an investigation would follow suit to determine whether he should be disciplined.
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Healthcare professionals, including students, have a duty to uphold certain principles set out by their relevant regulating body so it is more than plausible that the student in question may have been disobeying said rules and could face disciplinary action. Naturally, if the student was reported, an investigation would follow suit to determine whether he should be disciplined.
I’m hope he’s been scared off from pulling this crap lmao
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
...Will it be a "reportable offence" for medical students to use Tinder?!
You're not allowed to use Tinder until you're 18.

As Mesopotamian. said, this medical student should know that they will be held to a higher moral standard than the rest of society.

That is, if we take what OP says at face value. Not saying OP's lying but person-in-question may not even be a med student. They may simply have access to scrubs.
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
You're not allowed to use Tinder until you're 18.

As Mesopotamian. said, this medical student should know that they will be held to a higher moral standard than the rest of society.

That is, if we take what OP says at face value. Not saying OP's lying but person-in-question may not even be a med student. They may simply have access to scrubs.
It wasn’t tinder lol, I hate the concept of tinder..it was Snapchat and he randomly added me
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He sent me pics of him in his scrubs just find it gross that people do this like wtf
It may not be of him.
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
It may not be of him.
Urgh glad I blocked him like I’m just a bit ew on the entire situation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.91%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.56%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.02%

Watched Threads