Levi.-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically, I haven't posted anything on my Instagram in about 4 years-ish and deleted all of my posts from back then a year or so ago. I want to build my profile up but would like to start with adding stuff to my highlights section (rn I have nothing).
I've been exposed to more people since some friends went to college a year ago and I've reconnected w them and so their friends and people they know now know me and follow me etc. I haven't posted in ages so if I do post something it'll send a notification out to everyone who follows me including people who know I don't really post anything so it'll be a bit of a "thing" for a little while. Same thing will happen if i post something to my story since I've never posted one before (itll notify everyone to see my first story)
So does anyone know a way to privately add something to highlights without posting it as a public story on instagram???
Robo NEFIX
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You deleted you posts, but did you deleted your stories?
Levi.-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Robo NEFIX)
You deleted you posts, but did you deleted your stories?
never posted a story
dardasiya
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only way you could do it privately that I'm aware of is to start a fresh account with zero followers, add the highlights there and after you finish making them, ask people to follow you.

But if you want to use your existing account with its followers, the only way I know to make a highlights section is to post a public story.

Maybe you can break the ice before you do a highlights story by making a story saying: "Hey guys! I'm making a highlights section - don't mind me and my next story posts over the next 24 hours...!" When people are in the loop with what you're doing, then maybe they won't make as big a deal about it?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Levi.-)
Basically, I haven't posted anything on my Instagram in about 4 years-ish and deleted all of my posts from back then a year or so ago. I want to build my profile up but would like to start with adding stuff to my highlights section (rn I have nothing).
I've been exposed to more people since some friends went to college a year ago and I've reconnected w them and so their friends and people they know now know me and follow me etc. I haven't posted in ages so if I do post something it'll send a notification out to everyone who follows me including people who know I don't really post anything so it'll be a bit of a "thing" for a little while. Same thing will happen if i post something to my story since I've never posted one before (itll notify everyone to see my first story)
So does anyone know a way to privately add something to highlights without posting it as a public story on instagram???
**** instagram and all the social media platforms as there is more to life than wasting time on insta, snapchat and all that ********
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (50)
17.79%
No one else does (87)
30.96%
I'm embarrassed about my background (30)
10.68%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (95)
33.81%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.14%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.14%

Watched Threads