sammmmmmmmmmmmmy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am not the best at maths and average 60/70% in my end of topic tests. Is there a way for me to improve as I am not "gifted", but would like to start to see my marks move up to the 80% bracket. (I am GCSE level by the way)
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sammmmmmmmmmmmmy)
I am not the best at maths and average 60/70% in my end of topic tests. Is there a way for me to improve as I am not "gifted", but would like to start to see my marks move up to the 80% bracket. (I am GCSE level by the way)
Hi there!
With maths I would say that regular practice is key! If you're not already, try to set aside some time every week for maths. Maybe work through topics in an exercise book or pick your most difficult topice and work on those questions first? There are many ways to go about it but I'd suggest the latter if you're looking for quicker results! A big one is asking for help when you need it! There are plenty of nathematicians on here who can answer your questions! Feel free to run any by me, no matter how big or small!
Hannah29482
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sammmmmmmmmmmmmy)
Hi, I’m also at GCSE level so I just want to share the things that have helped me (I’m currently working at an A* level in maths and I take further maths as one of my options). The best way to improve in maths is through practice! Find past paper questions, try them and mark them, (corbett maths has textbook questions and exam questions on every topic in the spec). Find any topics you find hard/ don’t understand and use websites like Corbett maths which have videos of someone explaining the topic, I find these really helpful as they usually include worked examples too. If there are still things you’re unsure of, I’d say to speak to your teacher about them and ask if they can go over it with you in break/lunch time or after school or even in lesson time if they’d allow it. If you still don’t understand, maybe try speaking to another maths teacher at your school who might explain it differently (I always ask my further maths teacher to explain maths things that I’m struggling with and I find this helps because he explains it differently to my maths teacher). It sounds so cliche but practice does really make perfect! I’d also 100% recommend looking up the specification for your exam board and using this as a checklist to make sure you know all the topics, that way when it comes around to mocks or exams nothing can come up that you haven’t revised!
Good luck, and if you need anything else, I’ll try and help the best I can!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (182)
58.71%
I don't have everything I need (128)
41.29%

Watched Threads