theplantpath
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would like to do a foundation year in Bioscience, I'm not sure which Uni would be best. So far I have Sheffield and Suffolk. Does any one have any suggestions?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do your research.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by theplantpath)
I would like to do a foundation year in Bioscience, I'm not sure which Uni would be best. So far I have Sheffield and Suffolk. Does any one have any suggestions?
Nobody can answer this. A choice of university will differ for each person. One might like a place but it wont be for another. Make a list of how far or close to home you want to be. Whether you want to be in a big or small city and use these to narrow your choices as you go through ucas course search,
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Other Unis that have good Foundation years that lead to main degrees are Surrey, Sussex, Reading and Keele.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey theplantpath,

At Reading University there are a wide variety of bioscience degrees each with their accompanying foundation course which prepares you for entry into the degree. You can see the various options here on the school of biological science website http://www.reading.ac.uk/biologicals...-homepage.aspx

Whilst, I personally don't study a bioscience degree, you can chat with students who are studying those degrees to get a feel of what the course is like here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/about/chat...-students.aspx

If you have any questions about Reading Uni or how I've found it here please do feel free to let us know!
From,

Amina 😊
University of Suffolk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, great to see that you are considering the University of Suffolk! I have three key pieces of advice:1. Look closely at the detail of the course - see which one(s) suit your individual interests the best. If you're not sure exactly what you'd like to study, look for a course with flexibility.2. Look at facilities, but also how much access you will have to them. One of the best things about the Bioscience degree at Suffolk is that undergraduates are allowed to use our lab equipment throughout their degree. This isn't always the case - some universities reserve use of equipment for postgraduate students and staff.3. Consider the university itself, including factors such as location and size. Suffolk is a small university - we think this is one of our real strengths. It means you will get plenty of individual attention from your lecturers, class sizes will be small and our course cohorts become really close-knit and supportive.I hope this helps! If you have any questions about the course or about Suffolk, just drop us an email: [email protected].
Keele University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello!

The amount of choice out there can make it an overwhelming decision! But it totally depends on what you're looking for from a university. Think about whether you want to be city or campus based, take a look at the local area and most importantly, read up on the details of the course and what will be available to you.

We do have a range of bioscience courses with foundation years at Keele and you can take a look here for more details: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/foundationyears/

If you have questions, please get in touch.

Amy
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,

Here is the link to the University of Sheffield Biology with a Foundation Year course: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/dll/cour...dation/biology

I didn't do the foundation year but I have really enjoyed years 1-3 at Sheffield so far. Do you have any questions about life in Sheffield or the course?

Daniel
Third Year
MBiolSci Biology with a Year Abroad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise