How to thank her? Help me please.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My teacher who I have been in touch with has helped me so so much. More than I can explain. I have been struggling with my sexuality and she has been advising me on what to do and getting me to talk to professionals etc.
Sadly, unlike her my situation is so so different and I know next year I'll be getting married. (Not to the same sex though).
And I don't want to keep bothering her, because my sexuality ofcourse is always going to be apart of me. Regardless of what happens.

I want to thank her and tell her how she has been great and how I still want to stay in touch but I no longer need to talk to about my personal life and need her support/advice or someone to listen to me and my mental health.
I want to thank her telling her she has been the one person I've been able to trust over the few years and she has been a friend, mother, support all in one and I'm so so thankful

How can I put all that formally and thank her that way!

Thank you
Catsarepurrfect
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would write a letter, and i mean physical handwriten one. I find it is much easier to say things like this in an old fashioned way. If you mean the content, you can just write what you wrote here
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you!!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Keep it offhand and professional. No inappropriate gifts. A birthday card is pushing it personally however a Netflix gift card or a generic book recommendation might be suitable instead. You could even give her some nice strong wine if it is appropriate to do so. A simple word of thanks is enough too. You do not wish to boundary stomp however so avoid most gifts like the plague. Most school teachers do not want personal gifts anyway. The best presents you can give a teacher are properly done homework or a smile at the end of the day as you leave. Another gift is effort or a real attempt to listen and engage in class. Some teachers love it when you totally surpass their original expectations by way of a decent report card or final grade. Bear that in mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (235)
56.49%
I don't have everything I need (181)
43.51%

Watched Threads