The Student Room Group

Rooms getting fumigated, will electronics be affected?

Will my pc be fine when they fumigate my hall and our rooms as we dont know much about it, all we know is we need to be out of here till the afternoon.
It wont effect electronics as such but can get sucked into fans etc just like dust. I would probably cover any vents / fans on anything that is of value or concern to you as fumigation can leave a fine dust like powder behind which will effect some electronics.
Original post by Anonymous
Will my pc be fine when they fumigate my hall and our rooms as we dont know much about it, all we know is we need to be out of here till the afternoon.

Hiya!

I would speak to your reception or anyone working in your halls to ask for more information.

If it was me I would play it safe and unplug my laptop from the wall outlet and wrap it in some sort of plastic wrap/sheet to protect it, especially as some pesticides are flammable. However, plenty of electronics can be infested with the bugs/ insects so if this is the case for you then it may need to be fumigated too! Ask around to ask specific information for what is happening to your room/hallway.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:
If you are out of the hall for a couple weeks could you wrap it in cling-film then once the fumigation is over you just remove the cling-film and nothing has gotten in the fans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending