The Student Room Group

is this okay

so last year I went to a family friends house and the only people who were at the house was me and their son (16). We were watching youtube videos and laughing then all of a sudden he got on top of me and started dry humping me (we both had clothes on). I was 13 at the time and I thought I was really special. Looking back I feel disgusted and guilty about how I let that happen and why i didnt stop it. I cant stop thinking about it
i'm gay btw and I have seen the son multiple times at family parties since and its like nothing ever happened.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
so last year I went to a family friends house and the only people who were at the house was me and their son (16). We were watching youtube videos and laughing then all of a sudden he got on top of me and started dry humping me (we both had clothes on). I was 13 at the time and I thought I was really special. Looking back I feel disgusted and guilty about how I let that happen and why i didnt stop it. I cant stop thinking about it
i'm gay btw and I have seen the son multiple times at family parties since and its like nothing ever happened.

That’s sexual assault. Talk to him about it while you’re recording on your phone and if you can get him to admit it then go to his family
Reply 2
He molested you, probably the reason why you are gay now is because of that experience
Original post by Caid3n
He molested you, probably the reason why you are gay now is because of that experience

huh
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ruru06
huh

exactly! this experience didnt make me gay I knew about sexuality before the "experience"
Original post by Caid3n

Lol what?
Original post by Stabilocool
Lol what?

Are you really that green?
It was definitely sexual assault but I may have to differ with the - now banned - second respondent.
Reply 8
Original post by Blueclueless
That’s sexual assault. Talk to him about it while you’re recording on your phone and if you can get him to admit it then go to his family

we both had clothes on so is it sexual assault? and I dont know if hes forgotten about the experience or not cos when we see each other at family parties we talk to each other like it's normal but I can just tell it isn't the same
we both had clothes on so is it sexual assault? and I dont know if hes forgotten about the experience or not cos when we see each other at family parties we talk to each other like it's normal but I can just tell it isn't the same

It was an assault of a sexual nature - dry humping as you say. So, yes, it is sexual assault.
Original post by Rufus the red
It was an assault of a sexual nature - dry humping as you say. So, yes, it is sexual assault.

like after I left his house I felt so special. Like I know this is gonna sound weird but I thought he loved me but now I feel so disgusted and guilty on how I just let it happen
Original post by Justvisited
Are you really that green?

What?
Okay now I'm confused af.
Reply 12
Original post by Caid3n

it doesn't work like that dummy
like after I left his house I felt so special. Like I know this is gonna sound weird but I thought he loved me but now I feel so disgusted and guilty on how I just let it happen

It was in the moment, you probably weren't entirely sure what was going on, it wasn't expected, you didn't consent.
Don't feel disgusted at yourself as he did it to you out of the blue.
Original post by Rufus the red
It was in the moment, you probably weren't entirely sure what was going on, it wasn't expected, you didn't consent.
Don't feel disgusted at yourself as he did it to you out of the blue.

like if i see him I still say hi and its like nothing happened. i think hes forgotten what happened
I know it's easier said than done, but please don't blame yourself. You were 13, this guy was 3 years older than you (and three years is a huge gap at those ages), and you couldn't have consented even if you'd wanted to. This whole situation is on him, it is entirely his doing and his fault, you certainly don't have anything to feel guilty about.

If you're okay with still being around him at parties etc then that's okay, it's also okay to not feel comfortable in his presence. You need to do what's best for yourself.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bones-mccoy
I know it's easier said than done, but please don't blame yourself. You were 13, this guy was 3 years older than you (and three years is a huge gap at those ages), and you couldn't have consented even if you'd wanted to. This whole situation is on him, it is entirely his doing and his fault, you certainly don't have anything to feel guilty about.

If you're okay with still being around him at parties etc then that's okay, it's also okay to not feel comfortable in his presence. You need to do what's best for yourself.

idk what to do. I know I shouldn't blame myself. I know I keep on repeating myself and I really thought that he actually loved me. I dont know how i feel about him we still talk at parties but i just know something isnt right or off and like how conversations werent how they used to be but i dont know if im being paranoid

I doubt he’s forgotten sounds like he’s hoping you forget. Confront him 100%
Original post by Blueclueless
I doubt he’s forgotten sounds like he’s hoping you forget. Confront him 100%

I want to but i dont know how
I want to but i dont know how

Just ask him about it. Say “hey why did you X? That was really **** of you”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending