Ichiblaire
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So I am currently on the Foundation Art and Design course here, and I've looked at Game Art, and I feel like I might not be good enough for it. Is there anyone on the comic and Concept art course at DMU that can share what the course is like, and how it is going?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I wouldn't rule yourself out of game art if that's what you're interested in.

In terms of jobs there are about 20-50 jobs for game/animation artists on a project for each concept artist so while it's something a lot of students are interested in it isn't always the best option to study at BA level (it's more suited to an MA course with some work experience under your belt).
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by RukiaStudies)
So I am currently on the Foundation Art and Design course here, and I've looked at Game Art, and I feel like I might not be good enough for it. Is there anyone on the comic and Concept art course at DMU that can share what the course is like, and how it is going?
Hi @RukiaStudies,

Great to hear that you'd like to continue studying with us at DMU!

We get many students from the Art and Design foundation course switch over to Game Art so I definitely would agree with @PQ and say don't rule it out it's your ambition/passion.

As you know, our tutors are very supportive and we also have the Leicester Media School Drawing Centre (LMSDC) to provide extracurricular support should you need it.

We'll be running a Game Art Digital taster day next week (Wednesday 16 December) where the main topic will be an introduction to 3D modelling where you'll be able to take part in an interactive Demo, quiz an Q&A session by one of our fantastic 2nd year students. Feel free to join us with any questions you may have. Click here to book on: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/technology/taster-sessions.aspx

Let us know if you have any further questions.
Best wishes,
Amal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (214)
56.76%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.26%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (42)
11.14%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.75%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.24%

Watched Threads