Any clue how to ace Unit6&7 for level 3 in Jan

Watch this thread
Varun0405
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got my unit 6&7 exams in Jan 2021. Any help how to get an distinction in both. Evil Homer
jacketpotatoes
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
make sure to structure your report into separate subheadings. for unit 6, only revise the relevant topics and talk about 3-5 issues as well as giving recommendations on each issue. link it back to the businesses objs. whatever you write, make sure to link it back to the case study, talk about the data. explain what it means and how will it affect them. the report and presentation must be different and not the same. if you copy and paste info from your report and put it into your presentation, you wont get any marks. for unit 7, prioritise the report over the presentation because its worth 52 marks
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Definitely structure your report.
Use subheadings
Only revise the topics needed
Refer back to the original case study as well
Forget about the presentation completely. Concentrate on the report for now. Never copy information but rather put it into your own words completely. Lightly explain three to five issues in a lot of detail. Make sure to use any notes as fodder for your report.
Varun0405
Rep:
(Original post by jacketpotatoes)
make sure to structure your report into separate subheadings. for unit 6, only revise the relevant topics and talk about 3-5 issues as well as giving recommendations on each issue. link it back to the businesses objs. whatever you write, make sure to link it back to the case study, talk about the data. explain what it means and how will it affect them. the report and presentation must be different and not the same. if you copy and paste info from your report and put it into your presentation, you wont get any marks. for unit 7, prioritise the report over the presentation because its worth 52 marks
Ty mate x really helped.
Varun0405
Rep:
ty really helped.
jacketpotatoes
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
don't ignore the presentation for unit 6. activity 1 (the report) and activity 2 (the presentation) are both worth 44 marks each so use your time wisely. don't waste your time on making your presentation slides look fancy. its a 3 hour exam so maybe spend 2 hours on the report and 1 hour on the presentation. make sure to justify your recommendations. for unit 7, the presentation is only worth 18 marks? correct me if im wrong. you get 2 options and you have to choose one option that would be suitable for the business. make sure to justify both sides by giving the benefits and limitations of each option. at the end of each paragraph make sure to say something like i think option 2 is better than option 1 because....

anyways good luck with your exams. for the meantime, im going to focus on unit 6
m_op1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I heard we can no longer bring in the A4 page into the exams, is this true?!
Tinakoya1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by m_op1)
I heard we can no longer bring in the A4 page into the exams, is this true?!
Yes this is true 😭
Tinakoya1234
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jacketpotatoes)
don't ignore the presentation for unit 6. activity 1 (the report) and activity 2 (the presentation) are both worth 44 marks each so use your time wisely. don't waste your time on making your presentation slides look fancy. its a 3 hour exam so maybe spend 2 hours on the report and 1 hour on the presentation. make sure to justify your recommendations. for unit 7, the presentation is only worth 18 marks? correct me if im wrong. you get 2 options and you have to choose one option that would be suitable for the business. make sure to justify both sides by giving the benefits and limitations of each option. at the end of each paragraph make sure to say something like i think option 2 is better than option 1 because....

anyways good luck with your exams. for the meantime, im going to focus on unit 6
Thank you jack
csmh1912
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Varun0405)
I got my unit 6&7 exams in Jan 2021. Any help how to get an distinction in both. Evil Homer
wow hello, good luck
Tinakoya1234
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys for the unit 6 exam in January, do you think clockwise should add an organisation structure to the business and if so which one please?
EmhaV
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have no clue on how to start the prep, can anyone help?
Tinakoya1234
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Litrally someone help us lol
candy-012003
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Varun0405)
Hi, Can you help me? I have a mock exam on these units. What topics should I focus on for Unit 7, what was the exam on?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
40.88%
They're exactly what I expected (65)
23.72%