Mikos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, so I've submitted an application for LSE through UCAS (though technically this is currently not complete as I am yet to sit the LNAT). I need to hand in an extenuating circumstances form in order to contextualise a certain part of my application. I've detailed the extenuating circumstances in my UCAS reference but I am aware there's a separate form. However, I didn't realise that it was recommended that this be handed in within 2 weeks of my application (which I made in early October).

I was wondering if it was too late to submit the form?

Thanks so much in advance!
LSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mikos)
Hi, so I've submitted an application for LSE through UCAS (though technically this is currently not complete as I am yet to sit the LNAT). I need to hand in an extenuating circumstances form in order to contextualise a certain part of my application. I've detailed the extenuating circumstances in my UCAS reference but I am aware there's a separate form. However, I didn't realise that it was recommended that this be handed in within 2 weeks of my application (which I made in early October).

I was wondering if it was too late to submit the form?

Thanks so much in advance!
You are advised to submit the form as soon as possible so the assessors can take your extenuating circumstances into consideration when reviewing your application.
Mikos
Rep:
?
(Original post by LSE)
You are advised to submit the form as soon as possible so the assessors can take your extenuating circumstances into consideration when reviewing your application.
Thanks for the response; if I submit it now, will it be considered?
LSE
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mikos)
Thanks for the response; if I submit it now, will it be considered?
If a decision has not yet been made on your application, it will be considered. You will need to ensure it is submitted as soon as possible.
Mikos
Rep:
?
(Original post by LSE)
If a decision has not yet been made on your application, it will be considered. You will need to ensure it is submitted as soon as possible.
Okay, thank you so much for the help. I'll get it done now in that case. Have a lovely day.
Mikos
Rep:
?
(Original post by LSE)
Sorry, another question. Should I use the PDF form or the one that's kind of like an online survey on the website?? Thanks again
LSE
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mikos)
Sorry, another question. Should I use the PDF form or the one that's kind of like an online survey on the website?? Thanks again
They can be reported via the online form here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/U...-UG-Admissions

We recommend your UCAS referee, or a teacher from your current/former school completes the form.
Mikos
Rep:
?
(Original post by LSE)
They can be reported via the online form here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/U...-UG-Admissions

We recommend your UCAS referee, or a teacher from your current/former school completes the form.
Thank you very much! I’ve sent it to my UCAS referee, hopefully it’ll be in the department’s hands in the next few days.
Wagyulegend
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I'm in a similar position now as well, agonising whether to send in a extenuating circumstances form... Can I ask (if you are comfortable with it) did LSE ask your referee for any supporting evidence, like mock exam results before the adverse event?
Mikos
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Wagyulegend)
Hi I'm in a similar position now as well, agonising whether to send in a extenuating circumstances form... Can I ask (if you are comfortable with it) did LSE ask your referee for any supporting evidence, like mock exam results before the adverse event?
No they didn’t, my referee confirmed medical treatment I had received and they didn’t ask for anything else afaik
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (38)
40%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
22.11%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (5)
5.26%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
9.47%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (5)
5.26%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
6.32%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
11.58%

Watched Threads