Turn on thread page Beta

I went down on my boyfriend basically.. swallowed(sorry for being graphic) and about an hour later started to have a stingy feeling at the back of my throat.

24 hours on i still have it.

Worth going to the GP?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say no, it's most likely you just scratched you throat on some food and swallowing just irritated it a bit. If it hangs around much longer you can always go for peace of mind

Urm, from past experience, this is kind of normal. As long as it isn't BURNING your throat off, I wouldn't really bother. Save the embarrassment :p:

It always seems to... clog at the back of your throat.

ReputationRep:
    No, probably just slight irritation from said act.

Leave it a bit

Thing is a hadnt eaten anything within them hours so

ReputationRep:
    Chlamydia and gonorrhoea will happily live in the throat (although they don't usually give a sore throat, just a mildly horse voice or a feeling of thick secretions).

If you're worried attend a GUM clinic and they can do throat swabs, your GP will probably not have a clue unless you're very lucky as this isn't the sort of thing they deal with too often.

Also sounds like a good opportunity to get your bf checked out

(Original post by Touche)
    Chlamydia and gonorrhoea will happily live in the throat (although they don't usually give a sore throat, just a mildly horse voice or a feeling of thick secretions).
    If you're worried attend a GUM clinic and they can do throat swabs, your GP will probably not have a clue unless you're very lucky as this isn't the sort of thing they deal with too often.

Also sounds like a good opportunity to get your bf checked out

Oh my.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

Could be nothing, could be something.

STD can travel easily via oral sex.

ReputationRep:
    ZOMG PANIC!!!!!

or not... even if it's something funky they don't cause problems in the throat and disappear on their own after a few months anyway. So wouldn't be a big deal... unlike having an infection downstairs which can cause bigger problems if untreated. Hence nobody really talks/worries about throat STIs much.

Developed a cough and two nasty ulcers on the inside of my lip.. Ergh!.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.