A level Psychology or Sociology

Watch this thread
Lemon 24
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, i am really conflicted about which of these subjects i should take for a levels. I have done psychology for gcse but not sociology.
I just want to know which one is easier.
And also what is the highest marker for psychology and sociology?
ssb01
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lemon 24)
Hey guys, i am really conflicted about which of these subjects i should take for a levels. I have done psychology for gcse but not sociology.
I just want to know which one is easier.
And also what is the highest marker for psychology and sociology?
It really depends on which you enjoy more, I'm in year 13 and doing psychology but did sociology GCSE and its very different. Yes, it can link but psychology is more scientific, if you know where you are going for sixth form/college, ask what exam board the school offers and look at the spec for both and see which you would enjoy learning about more. I would recommend psychology as its more interesting but I would argue sociology is easier. Definitely don't worry about which holds more 'value', at the end of the day your grade in that a level matters more than anything so pick what you would enjoy.
Hope this helps.
naeology
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I did both sociology and psychology at a level. With psychology you pretty much just have to copy and paste information from the textbook onto the test. It’s a test of memory more than anything else. There is a little bit of maths but not much.

Sociology is a little abstract at times and involves a lot of reading around the course. Personally I enjoyed it more than psychology. If you’re into current affairs, politics and things like that you’ll probably enjoy it. You have to remember lots of keywords, sociologists, dates and studies but that goes for psychology as well. I guess it depends on whether you prefer essay based subjects or not.

I’d say sociology is easier, simply because the Mark scheme tends to be more ambiguous.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (18)
28.57%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
49.21%
First aid skills (3)
4.76%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.59%
Sign language (8)
12.7%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.59%

Watched Threads