This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i am curious on which loose tobacco brand tastes the best. everyone smokes golden virginia, i have tried and its pretty good but never tried any other brands. could anyone recommend me a similar tasting brand?
viirkokka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
why have a similar one? You may as well be smoking golden virginia!

Get yourself either some menthol filters or a pipe, and smoke some Drum. It's good for you
rishi08
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by viirkokka)
why have a similar one? You may as well be smoking golden virginia!

Get yourself either some menthol filters or a pipe, and smoke some Drum. It's good for you
whats the difference between normal filters and menthol ones?
Cazzi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
GV all the way, why try anything else, from what ive seen of drum, its a bit lumpy and isnt particulary pleasant to smoke (i dont smoke myself, but bf does - opinions off him)
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There's a reason everyone smokes golden virginia.
viirkokka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rishi08)
whats the difference between normal filters and menthol ones?
Menthol ones taste minty Theyre tasty!
viirkokka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Cazzi)
GV all the way, why try anything else, from what ive seen of drum, its a bit lumpy and isnt particulary pleasant to smoke (i dont smoke myself, but bf does - opinions off him)
Drum is a pipe tobacco, hence the lumpyness. It's for gnarrrrrrly blokes Good stuff mind :yep:
rishi08
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
apparently, henson and hedges have their own brand of roll up cigarretes called 'mellow' anyone heard of it?
Arka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What is the difference in taste between handrolled,filtered and unfiltered brands?
I enjoy the occasional cigar and am open to smoking pipes.I wonder how the taste compares to those...
(BTW you could move this thread to the smoker's society)
Cazzi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Drum is a pipe tobacco, hence the lumpyness. It's for gnarrrrrrly blokes Good stuff mind :yep:
haha suppose so, i never knew it was pipe tobacco! lol. Bf's only ever had it whilst abroad when not been able to get GV lol
viirkokka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Arka)
What is the difference in taste between handrolled,filtered and unfiltered brands?
I enjoy the occasional cigar and am open to smoking pipes.I wonder how the taste compares to those...
(BTW you could move this thread to the smoker's society)
Pipe can take a bit of getting used to, and there is some art in packing the pipe correctly... but after about 3 or 4 bowls (The bowl is the bit you light, im not talking big cereal bowls here ) you get good at it and it's very enjoyable, relaxing, and a great conversation starter.
Arka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pipe can take a bit of getting used to, and there is some art in packing the pipe correctly... but after about 3 or 4 bowls (The bowl is the bit you light, im not talking big cereal bowls here ) you get good at it and it's very enjoyable, relaxing, and a great conversation starter.
It's just the image of it-the association with middle aged men-that makes me fear I might be made into a social pariah.
Pipe smoking is not seen as cool as cigars or even hookahs/shishas...
viirkokka
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Arka)
It's just the image of it-the association with middle aged men-that makes me fear I might be made into a social pariah.
Pipe smoking is not seen as cool as cigars or even hookahs/shishas...
Depends if you're awesome enough to pull it off, really
yiannis-hammers
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i started off with gv
then i opened myself to trying others and i realised while it was the easiest to role with it was very weak i was with b&h gold for a few months, then amberleaf, which comes in a great tidy box and with papers however i am now on old holborn which tastes, smells and smokes the greatest .
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by yiannis-hammers)
i started off with gv
then i opened myself to trying others and i realised while it was the easiest to role with it was very weak i was with b&h gold for a few months, then amberleaf, which comes in a great tidy box and with papers however i am now on old holborn which tastes, smells and smokes the greatest .
Please don't bump old threads
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (5)
14.29%
Labour (18)
51.43%
Liberal Democrats (4)
11.43%
Green Party (4)
11.43%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (1)
2.86%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.86%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)