The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

both are bad. very bad....
Reply 2
I would have said that filtered ciggies are better for you ( if thats possible) because of the filter......anyway I cant roll my own ciggies to save my life.
Reply 3
If you're not using a filter tip with loose tobacco, then loose would be worse; otherwise, I don't know.

Anyhow, isn't it a bit like asking which is safer to sniff, petrol or glue?
Reply 4
I didn't think any were considered better for you?
I heard "roll ups" were quite harsh on you..but premade cigarettes have those chemicals too such as ammonia?
However, if you are looking at which cigarette is "healthiest", you must be concerned about potential damage? How about trying to stop smoking, or just sociable smoking?
Mind you i'm a non smoker, not being very knowledgeable on the subject.
Reply 5
Annie72
I would have said that filtered ciggies are better for you ( if thats possible) because of the filter......anyway I cant roll my own ciggies to save my life.

even if a filter is put into a roll up?
Reply 6
Dont bother with either......
Why anon for smoking? It's legal and plenty of people do it!
Reply 8
how many roll ups can u make with a 25g pouch of tobacco?
Reply 9
Anonymous
even if a filter is put into a roll up?

Well I"ve always thought that the filter was there to filter out some of the toxins in the tobacco.......I dont know why I thought that though. I doubt its true.
Reply 10
Loose with filter...
two anon threads on smoking, either its some 13 year old, or some advertising guru from Marlboro
Smoking is healthiest when you roll it yourself with a king-skin and put TWO filters in it :smile:
Reply 13
YAP
If you're not using a filter tip with loose tobacco, then loose would be worse; otherwise, I don't know.

Anyhow, isn't it a bit like asking which is safer to sniff, petrol or glue?

I'd agree with this.

I quite enjoy rolled up ones with flavoured filters, like cherry, caramel etc.

But I think these flavoured filters may be worse for you than just a normal filter in a loose tobacco roll-up. This could be a myth though.
Reply 14
[QUOTE="ssk2"]Loose with filter...[/QUOTE

ur saying da cigarette becomes loose with a filter?? :s
I think he was implying the best option (if any) was a loose cigarette with a filter?
Roll 'em with filters. Cheaper definitely, and a bit healthier I think.

IF you must do either. I don't think any smokings worth the cost really.
Normal cigarettes are full of junk, I'm pretty sure roll-ups are better for you if you use a filter.

Or you could just stop smoking because both are pretty bad for you!
Tobacco.
Cigarettes are nicer though.
Reply 19
oops, soz lol,

Latest

Trending

Trending