The Student Room Group

When should I start revising for a-levels?

I recently had mocks and I feel like I did pretty bad because I started revising a week before the exams. I always say to myself that I'll start revising today but I never start. I need tips on how to stay motivated and when to ACTUALLY start revising.
Reply 1
Original post by kageyama11
I recently had mocks and I feel like I did pretty bad because I started revising a week before the exams. I always say to myself that I'll start revising today but I never start. I need tips on how to stay motivated and when to ACTUALLY start revising.

Well one thing I really reccomend is pre-reading as you'll have gone over that topic twice once by yourself and once in school where all the things you struggled with can be addressed by your teacher. Also when it comes to motivating yourself to revise just think about your gcses, maybe if you had revised that one specific topic you could have gotten a higher grade so now at A-level you're gonna make sure you've at least touched every single topic by yourself and with a teacher so tht if it does come up you smash it!
Reply 2
making my own notes really helped during a levels, because it helped me make sense of what I learnt it school! summaries of more complex concepts always help especially right after you learn it so that it really gets drilled in your head. would also recommend studying with friends! create a study group and ask questions within the group and you guys could discuss and understand better too! all the best!!
best plan is to revise as you go along - from day 1. You are beyond that now so I'd just start from the beginning of your courses and re-read your notes/make flashcards etc and start doing past paper questions for the topics as you work through them.

Quick Reply

Latest