How long did it take you to get to grade.. Watch

ambersparkles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Learning to read music from scratch,Violin took me 3 years to get to grade 4 And flute took me 2 years to get to grade 6I started learning late because no one where I lives really learns instruments, but my school is part of the Andrew Lloyd Webber foundation, and Andrew buys our school instruments and funds one 20 minute lesson a week per student.
emmadavison
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I play Piano, Alto Saxophone and cello.I started with the saxophone - which I have been playing for around 4 years now and I am preparing to take my Grade 7 exam; the rapid speeding towards my Grade 7 is helped by playing in a lot of ensembles with in school. It really helps with sight reading.I started piano around 2 years ago and am preparing to take my Grade 6 and I started cello only 3 months ago and am preparing to take on my Grade 1 next month.I hardly ever practice my saxophone, except within the ensembles , but piano and cello - I can easily spend 2 - 3 hours practicing during my school holidays!
emilaylay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
On the violin, I got to grade 4 in less than two years. Although, when I did grade 3 I think I did it in about 10 or less lessons but I’d learn the pieces prior to the lesson.
SiennaRose_03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Three years to get to grade 6 distinction piano and one year to get to grade 3 merit electric guitar
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by SiennaRose_03)
Three years to get to grade 6 distinction piano and one year to get to grade 3 merit electric guitar
Woah that’s amazing
SiennaRose_03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by GetTheLondonLook)
Woah that’s amazing
Thank you
A*Wannabeee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it took me two years to get to grade four on the violin
piano_person
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've been taking piano lessons for about 6 months now, and I'm almost at grade four.
upsidedownflute
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I started playing flute quite young I think, around age 6, and am now age 12 and have my Grade 4 in a couple weeks. It had to be postponed as it clashed with my piano exam and what with other extra curricular activities I had too much on my plate so I would have done it 5 years since I started? Piano- I’m working on my Grade 2 and will probably do it around December time. I started play a year and a half ago.Hope this helps with your queries and enjoy your music!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I went quite slow.
I was learning with my current teacher since Year 1.
I prepared for my grade 2 exam from the end of Year 2 until I took it in Year 4. Then I took grade 4 between Year 6 and Year 7, and grade 6 in Year 10. Will take grade 7 in April, or the summer between Years 11 and 12. (The Year levels in HK are a year below that in UK)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If this is your first time voting in an election, will Brexit be a big factor for you?

Yes (5)
62.5%
No (3)
37.5%

Watched Threads