2020/21 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Watch
Jjonesy93
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by skaka)
Hey, well done, congrats!!

I am following another forum where people applied beginning of Nov and did the online assessment early Dec.

One person on that thread passes today too! So hopefully the rest of us should hear back today or next week, fingers crossed.

The Met website says next stage is DC assessment but the online chat advisor told me it was medical and fitness..so not really sure.
I was wondering about this because from my understanding of the website there’s still a few tests to do before reaching the medical.

I’m also wondering if they might skip parts of it (like they did with the SJT) due to current circumstances which would be amazing if they did!
Jjonesy93
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by skaka)
Hey, well done, congrats!!

I am following another forum where people applied beginning of Nov and did the online assessment early Dec.

One person on that thread passes today too! So hopefully the rest of us should hear back today or next week, fingers crossed.

The Met website says next stage is DC assessment but the online chat advisor told me it was medical and fitness..so not really sure.
Also thank you very much!! I hope you hear back shortly with positive news!
skaka
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Jjonesy93)
Also thank you very much!! I hope you hear back shortly with positive news!
Thanks!

I looked some old threads from previous years and I believe they get everyone ready to PC level and should you pass DC assessment, you get offered this else they'll offer PC as backup. Also depends on availability of DC in the boroughs you've applied to.

The initial training (2 years) is mostly PC
username5508132
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Good Evening Everyone,

I applied on 07/11/2020,
Completed my assessment on 04/12/2020,
Today (18/12/2020) I received confirmation that I have passed the online assessment!

Congratulations to everyone else who has received their results and good luck to those who haven't yet!
jbm671
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I took the Day One on the 4th and just heard I passed too! I’m curious as to how many people pass as I read they invite everyone eligible to sit Day One

I wonder when we will hear about the next stages??
shireen1212
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by mjb176)
I took the Day One on the 4th and just heard I passed too! I’m curious as to how many people pass as I read they invite everyone eligible to sit Day One

I wonder when we will hear about the next stages??
ah by the day 1 what do you mean? the part one of the online assessment? because for me it was all of the stages sent as one email so I just completed all of it in one day
soparehene
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I got my results within 2 weeks
jbm671
Rep:
(Original post by shireen1212)
ah by the day 1 what do you mean? the part one of the online assessment? because for me it was all of the stages sent as one email so I just completed all of it in one day
Day 1 is what they call the first stage of assessments (video interview, briefing and written)!
JadeLinsell1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Day 1 is what they call the first stage of assessments (video interview, briefing and written)!
Do you know what the next stage is?
jbm671
Rep:
(Original post by JadeLinsell1)
Do you know what the next stage is?
it's a verbal reasoning test, I just got emailed the invite this morning
username5435422
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Some have had their results back extremely quickly. I was told it was something like a 5 week turnaround.
shireen1212
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
it's a verbal reasoning test, I just got emailed the invite this morning
oh ok is it online?
jbm671
Rep:
(Original post by shireen1212)
oh ok is it online?
Yep!
username4900374
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Yep!
I did it on Mon and have just been invited to the detective assessment centre after Christmas
JadeLinsell1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Hopeful112)
I did it on Mon and have just been invited to the detective assessment centre after Christmas
Do you know what you have to do at the assessment centre?
username4900374
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by JadeLinsell1)
Do you know what you have to do at the assessment centre?
It’s a briefing and and an in-tray exercise
jbm671
Rep:
Congrats! I didn't realise the next stage would be an assessment centre with other people, have they given you any more information than what's on the website?
username4900374
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Congrats! I didn't realise the next stage would be an assessment centre with other people, have they given you any more information than what's on the website?
Yes it’s at Kennington assessment
Centre and they sent a briefing pack outlining the competencies they’re assessing. Saidjit take 2.5 hours
username4900374
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Yes it’s at Kennington assessment
Centre and they sent a briefing pack outlining the competencies they’re assessing. Saidjit take 2.5 hours
I meant to say thank you for the congratulations.. I think the next stage will be hard
Last edited by username4900374; 11 months ago
jbm671
Rep:
I meant to say thank you for the congratulations.. I think the next stage will be hard
I think so too...
What date were you given for the assessment? Could you choose?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads