2020/21 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Watch
Florindawebster
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
How much time are you permitted for the VRT? Is it 30 minutes or is it 30 minutes including introduction etc?
jbm671
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Florindawebster)
How much time are you permitted for the VRT? Is it 30 minutes or is it 30 minutes including introduction etc?
That includes intro and practice etc, you’re actually given 19 minutes for the assessment
username5569562
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Hopeful112)
Yes it’s at Kennington assessment
Centre and they sent a briefing pack outlining the competencies they’re assessing. Saidjit take 2.5 hours
Hi how quick did they send you a briefing pack after you have booked the assessment? I have booked the assessment too but they did not send me a briefing pack... thanks 😊
username4900374
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I received it in the confirmation email as an attachment which I think came immediately i had booked.
Last edited by username4900374; 10 months ago
username5508132
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bia1292)
Hi how quick did they send you a briefing pack after you have booked the assessment? I have booked the assessment too but they did not send me a briefing pack... thanks 😊
Hello,

I’m in the same situation as you. I asked the recruitment team, and they said if we haven’t received the briefing pack on the day which is exactly a week before our assessment day, to contact them. So I’m assuming it depends what day you’ve booked for. It sounds like they only give us a week to prepare for the interview?
username5569562
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mw596)
Hello,

I’m in the same situation as you. I asked the recruitment team, and they said if we haven’t received the briefing pack on the day which is exactly a week before our assessment day, to contact them. So I’m assuming it depends what day you’ve booked for. It sounds like they only give us a week to prepare for the interview?
So did they send it to you? I will ask tomorrow but i believe they are not working. Ill ask Monday again. I emailed them once and said that the info will be given to us on the day... lol
username5508132
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
So did they send it to you? I will ask tomorrow but i believe they are not working. Ill ask Monday again. I emailed them once and said that the info will be given to us on the day... lol
No, on Monday it will be a week until my assessment day. So I’m hoping they’ll send it, if not I’ll have to call them. Oh dear, that wouldn’t be fun! The woman in recruitment I spoke to assured me that they would send us the pack if we haven’t received it, so it should be fine, just call them if you haven’t got it soon!
username5569562
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mw596)
No, on Monday it will be a week until my assessment day. So I’m hoping they’ll send it, if not I’ll have to call them. Oh dear, that wouldn’t be fun! The woman in recruitment I spoke to assured me that they would send us the pack if we haven’t received it, so it should be fine, just call them if you haven’t got it soon!
I will do yes! How are you feeling about the assesment? 😁
username5508132
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I will do yes! How are you feeling about the assesment? 😁
I’d like to be able to prepare more, but I obviously can’t do so until we receive the pack! I’m most concerned about the dress code. I’m assuming it’s a smart dress code, unless someone has been told otherwise? I’ve only heard in other forums of women wearing trousers and I only own dress and skirt suits. Does anyone know what they would consider appropriate? How about you?
Last edited by username5508132; 10 months ago
username5569562
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mw596)
I’d like to be able to prepare more, but I obviously can’t do so until we receive the pack! I’m most concerned about the dress code. I’m assuming it’s a smart dress code, unless someone has been told otherwise? I’ve only heard in other forums of women wearing trousers and I only own dress and skirt suits. Does anyone know what they would consider appropriate? How about you?
I was thinking of wearing trousers too and shirt but i think as long as it looks smart it should be fine wearing a dress or skirt 😀
Neenaw weewoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
You'll need stuff you can move around in if you get the job. Detectives are not entirely desk jobs; just mostly desk jobs. Clothing is a balance between smart office wear for the 95% of the time you are in the nick and clothing with enough movement that you can nick a suspect and handle a detainee kicking off in interview when it does happen.
Ashleyy_L
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by skaka)
Hey, well done, congrats!!

I am following another forum where people applied beginning of Nov and did the online assessment early Dec.

One person on that thread passes today too! So hopefully the rest of us should hear back today or next week, fingers crossed.

The Met website says next stage is DC assessment but the online chat advisor told me it was medical and fitness..so not really sure.
What’s the other forum called please?
skaka
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Ashleyy_L)
What’s the other forum called please?
Hi Ashley,

Here is the link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post92688996

There are few others on that thread who also have DC assessment next week, same as you.

Hope this helps!
Ashleyy_L
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by skaka)
Hi Ashley,

Here is the link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post92688996

There are few others on that thread who also have DC assessment next week, same as you.

Hope this helps!
Great, thank you!
NyxiePyx
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by shireen1212)
sameee I am waiting and checking me emails
I’m still waiting to hear, it seems a lot of people heard back last week so I’m wondering if unsuccessful whether they even contact you as I’ve heard nothing
Pnkplum
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi all, new to the forum but have applied to the DHEP scheme. Got through to the DC assessment but I am currently caring for a member of my family who has cancer and must isolate throughout treatment. I spoke to recruitment and they said that they have raised a ticket and will try and see if there are any other available assessment dates after January. I spoke to them again today as haven't heard anything back and they said that they don't know whether this is the last round of assessments available or whether anymore will open up. Has anyone heard anything similar/different? I thought the deadline for even applying to the DHEP scheme was March so I'd be really surprised if this was the last round of DC assessments if applications are still ongoing?

I also find it a bit strange that they can't accommodate people who are shielding/isolating considering the state of Covid cases/the new strain and the fact that many of us will have to travel from across the UK to get to London...

Further to this, does anyone have any idea when the medical/fitness test might be if we get through the DC assessment? I realise the recruitment process has changed year on year but just thought I'd pick other people's brains!

Good luck everyone with the assessment
Last edited by Pnkplum; 10 months ago
JadeLinsell1
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by NyxiePyx)
I’m still waiting to hear, it seems a lot of people heard back last week so I’m wondering if unsuccessful whether they even contact you as I’ve heard nothing
I’m in the same boat as you but it all depends when you finished all three assessments. I didn’t complete mine until 18th December so I am allowing longer than two weeks due to the Christmas period!
jbm671
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Anyone have any idea if the in person assessment centre is still going to go ahead with the lockdown?
Ashleyy_L
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mjb176)
Anyone have any idea if the in person assessment centre is still going to go ahead with the lockdown?
I was thinking the same thing.
username5569562
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mjb176)

same i was wondering that too.. when are you booked for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads