Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not making this so anyone, including me can boast about how cool they are for being stopped.

I did, a couple of months after passing because I forgot to put my headlights on (first time driving at night since passing, the automatic function was broken and I didn't realise..). I was probably speeding slightly too, seeing as it's 30 on a seriously long straight road that used to be 40 until they started random roadworks on it.

Since then, I've always been checking my mirrors for police, it's got me quite paranoid! So, have you been stopped? For what? Share all!

ReputationRep:
    i shud have been. first night of my license i drove home 4 miles without my headlight on. i didnt realise my mistake till i had got home. i then realised that on the way i'd passed no less than 3 seperate police cars and not one had stopped me!

odd. but now i always triple check the lights are working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam o0o)
    I'm not making this so anyone, including me can boast about how cool they are for being stopped.
    I did, a couple of months after passing because I forgot to put my headlights on (first time driving at night since passing, the automatic function was broken and I didn't realise..). I was probably speeding slightly too, seeing as it's 30 on a seriously long straight road that used to be 40 until they started random roadworks on it.
    Since then, I've always been checking my mirrors for police, it's got me quite paranoid! So, have you been stopped? For what? Share all!
    yep, i got stopped for the same reason as you - forgot my headlights! Had just been to McDonalds so lots of streetlights there, pulled out onto the main road, saw the police car and turned the lights on but they still pulled me over. Didn't get into much trouble for it and stuck a message on my steering wheel to remind myself (stayed there for about a year). Was a bit embarrased really as i was wearing a t-shirt saying 'this t-shirt would look good on your bedroom floor' ...

ReputationRep:
    i've been pulled over about 6/7 times. its the motorbikes, they really attract the attention

got 3 points once for going wrong way round a roundabout and speeding. got away with 72 in a 30mph zone once, but a chat in the back of his car. got a long chat for accelerating from 10-60 VERY quickly in a 30mph zone. got pulled over for my mate on the back not having protective clothing. got stopped in car for having loud music and fog lights on. £30 fine once for ignoring the rules of the road. probably a few more i cant remember

hassle
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yes

ReputationRep:
    yeah ive been pulled a few times on my bike
    once for leaning to far over on a corner and got stoped and told the road isnt a race track
    but if i hadnt of lent over that far i wouldnt of made the corner and ended up round a lamp post.
    was on a 60 road but the corner was like a 20 and went into it far to fast at like 45 and police came the other way but ive got no points and i havnt ever been pulled for somthing serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    i've been pulled over about 6/7 times. its the motorbikes, they really attract the attention

got 3 points once for going wrong way round a roundabout and speeding. got away with 72 in a 30mph zone once, but a chat in the back of his car. got a long chat for accelerating from 10-60 VERY quickly in a 30mph zone. got pulled over for my mate on the back not having protective clothing. got stopped in car for having loud music and fog lights on. £30 fine once for ignoring the rules of the road. probably a few more i cant remember

hassle
    No, it's idiots like you that really attract the attention...

1. You do over 70mph in a 30 limit
    2. Go the wrong way round a roundabout
    3. Go 60mph in a 30 limit (including dangerous driving up to that speed)

And you blame it on the fact that you're riding a bike? Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    No, it's idiots like you that really attract the attention...

1. You do over 70mph in a 30 limit
    2. Go the wrong way round a roundabout
    3. Go 60mph in a 30 limit (including dangerous driving up to that speed)

And you blame it on the fact that you're riding a bike? Idiot.
    you're right, its the bike + my enjoyment on my bike

going the wrong way round the roundabout was childish, but meh i was 16. i ride fast in a safe places nowadays. not an idiot now

ReputationRep:
    I got stopped for not coming to a complete stop at a 4-way stop! It was like 10pm and NO ONE was around.. and I came close enough to a stop. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Only once - was late picking up my friend from the train station and decided to right turn and accelerate really fast to not hit the oncoming car. Copper behind me wasnt too amused when he pulled me up, checked my license and registration, then realised i was lost and had to guide me to the station

ReputationRep:
    The Poliss stopped me to question me about passing parked cars as night so widely.

(Original post by Amanda)
    I got stopped for not coming to a complete stop at a 4-way stop! It was like 10pm and NO ONE was around.. and I came close enough to a stop. :mad:
    Is a 4-way stop like McDonalds or Pizza Hut or even Burger King?

i got pulled over because the copper didnt believe i was the owner of the car :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syntax Terrier)
    Is a 4-way stop like McDonalds or Pizza Hut or even Burger King?
    :rolleyes:

Also known as a "4-way" intersection, this intersection is the most common configuration for roads that cross each other, and the most basic type. If signals do not control a 4-way intersection, signs or other features are typically used to control movements and make clear priorities. The most common arrangement is to indicate that one road has priority over the other, but there are complex cases where all traffic approaching an intersection must yield and may be required to stop.

But I had no one to come to a complete stop for! It was the middle of the night! And I slowed down.. :shifty:

Fat Cop: "You can't just roll around the corner like that!" :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Only happened to me once, and it was our fault.

We went back to a multistorey car park and hadn't seen the sign saying that it would be closing at 6pm (normally it closes at midnight and we came back around half 11) In our defence, it was a tiny sign. There was no other way of getting home and the exit barriers were up so we decided it would be a good idea to walk up and round the ramps where the cars normally go, get in the car and leave. We were unlucky and pulled out in front of a police car and they were quite interested to know what we were up to :o:

ReputationRep:
    Policeman didn't believe I was car owner. (i was)
    Drink-Driving Clampdown - random test. (i passed)
    I got pulled over on my bike by a policeman who cut me up at a roundabout. He flashed and sirened me... to apologise

ReputationRep:

hassle
    You sound pretty idiotic.

ReputationRep:
    I got pulled over once because my rear light was smashed (I had reversed into a pole a few nights earlier..woops). But I was actually on my way to pick up the replacement one I'd bought so I just told him that and showed him the reciept and it was fine. He did laugh at me when I told him how I did it though..

ReputationRep:
    I was made to go on a driving improvement course for, erm, drifting! Didn't cause an accident or anything no others cars about but the Police pulled me up and sent me on this £180 course designed for people who had been at fault in accidents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    i got pulled over because the copper didnt believe i was the owner of the car :rolleyes:
    win

ReputationRep:
    you're right, its the bike + my enjoyment on my bike

going the wrong way round the roundabout was childish, but meh i was 16. i ride fast in a safe places nowadays. not an idiot now
    you'll learn when you fall off .

the road is never a safe place!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.