The Student Room Group

Ever been stopped by the police?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
deazle
Love that ^^

Me too. Was in New Zealand. Had it been the UK he'd have made out it was my fault etc assuming he bothered to pull over..
Reply 41
MichaelG
you'll learn when you fall off :smile:.

the road is never a safe place! :biggrin:

i've been riding for 5 years and have never fallen off
Reply 42
Tofufi
I'm assuming you're a troll. And foglights? Why? They make you look like an idiot. As does stupidly loud music.

I've never been stopped by the police. They always follow me, doing PNC checks I guess - but my vehicles don't exactly look roadworthy. :rolleyes:

i didnt say stupidly loud music. loud music
Just been stopped 20 mins ago coming bakc frm a night out. I wasnt driving but was in the passenger seat and we got followed by trafpol for 2 miles from town centre and eventually stopped with the policeman claiming we were going too slow. He said we were doing 23mph in the 30. The speedo said 30 and I doubt its 7mph out at that speed.
Thats the second time I'vee been pulled in someone else's car in 3-4 years. I have never been stopped apart from once on a pushbike.
Reply 44
bean87
i've been riding for 5 years and have never fallen off

oh well in that case you're a master and know everything there is to know about riding, and i'm the ignorant one :smile:.
Reply 45
Shortly after my brother turned 16 and got his bike and we were around the town (Me in front in the car, him on the bike behind) late at night and we got pulled for a chat and to ask our intensions for riding around at night, explained my brother had just turned 16 and they Police man was a sound guy who was into bikes himself and took a quick look at my brothers bike to check everything was good and sent us on.

Next time was for an alleged, approximated 40 in a 30MPH at 2:00am a night, but that was just a warning..

Stopped various other times as my car attracts quite a bit of attention from them, more-so when I had my 'R' plates, just routine checks from the Police in known cruising spots nothing out of the normal.

And I predict it wont be long before I'm stopped because of my newly fitted 10,000k HID Lights. Oh well!
Reply 46
Last time for me was in the university library car park, as they couldn't see my tax disc :s-smilie: Had a good chat with them, and went away happy that they didn't breathalyse me (I was out the night before, would've been dodgy!!! lol).
Reply 47
I haven't but I've done the "Forgot to put headlights on" thing a few times (all within a month of passing my test). Worst thing was the people overtaking me, all flashing their fullbeams at me, and I couldn't get what they meant.

God, I'm thick sometimes...
Reply 48
MichaelG
oh well in that case you're a master and know everything there is to know about riding, and i'm the ignorant one :smile:.

obviously

well said
PhilMc
Shortly after my brother turned 16 and got his bike and we were around the town (Me in front in the car, him on the bike behind) late at night and we got pulled for a chat and to ask our intensions for riding around at night, explained my brother had just turned 16 and they Police man was a sound guy who was into bikes himself and took a quick look at my brothers bike to check everything was good and sent us on.

Next time was for an alleged, approximated 40 in a 30MPH at 2:00am a night, but that was just a warning..

Stopped various other times as my car attracts quite a bit of attention from them, more-so when I had my 'R' plates, just routine checks from the Police in known cruising spots nothing out of the normal.

And I predict it wont be long before I'm stopped because of my newly fitted 10,000k HID Lights. Oh well!

I had a police guy pull me over at 2am asking my intentions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was a late work night and felt like a drive. Went through town on teh way back and got pulled.

I just said I know it is not illegal to drive at 2am so I am not even going to bother answering such a ridiculous question.

He happily went on his way wherever , what a twunt.
Reply 50
Yeah, they didn't take kindly to my drive-by at the orphanage.
Reply 51
Got stopped in the 206 tonight with my MEG pass on the windscreen......dumbasses.
Reply 52
Got stopped a week ago for having a bulb out, copper had a good look all over my car and sent me on my way. It wasn't my car (grandads) but thankfully the insuracne, tax, MOT etc checked out!
Reply 53
I've been stopped in my car before, wasn't for my driving persay though...
I got pulled over about a month ago, as they thought I looked too young to be driving :rolleyes:
Suppose it was fair enough, as I do look young for my age.
Reply 55
Stopped three times.

Once after driving home from my girlfriends in my first car(Little red 106) because you dont normaly see cars like that on this road, how rude?

Second time they thought i was someone else speeding in the same colour car, they followed me all the way home, only for me to tell them it wasnt me.

Last was just a random stop, they asked me if i had been drinking, i told them one glass of wine, and they just sent me on my way!

This is all in less than 9 months :frown:!

R
Yes, got caught doing 94mph in a 50mph zone on the motorway near swansea, 3 points and £60 fine :frown:
My friend got stopped one evening. It was about 1045 at night and we had just finished performing a show, she was about 5 mins away from her house and got pulled by the cops 'did you realise you were swerving your car slightly?' she had her little sis in the car and said if you need to talk you can follow me to my house but i have to get her home first.... they drove off :smile:
i ride bikes in groups and we usually get stopped for a chat about road safety, road accidents etc...

pulled over for riding normally in north wales, the police there are instructed to pull bikers over for the sake of it due to some bike hating police commissioner there

was followed in a group for miles by a police undercover rider, told off for wearing a dark visor, complemented our riding, didn't care about loud exhausts, he had a dribble over some of the bikes the other guys were riding let us go

pulled over by myself on the way home from london when it was dark and given a lecture about hi vis.

pulled over driving my dads car as i looked 'suspicious', more like the panda car jobs-worth was jealous, everything checked out and i was on my way.
Reply 59
Yes, in my Austin Seven. They thought I'd nicked it. Idiots.

As I pointed out, if I nicked a car, I wouldn't be stupid enough to nick something so obvious and drive it around town AND it's not likely that your average young car thief would be able to drive it anyway!

The really stupid thing was that not only is the car registered in my name, but I am also the policy holder on the insurance.

They didn't apologise, either.

Quick Reply

Latest