The Student Room Group

To get worried about school/college breaks e.g christmas or summer holidays

I haven't seen of anyone else relating to this problem but does anyone get genuinely worried about the time off they'll have during school/college holidays. The reason is I'm just worried I will be bored or not living my best life I guess. Everyone talks about their exciting plans when I know I'll just be sat at home probably doing what I do throughout the term anyway. I think there's always a pressure to constantly be doing fun things during christmas/summer but I'm usually not due to being broke, lack of friends and family. How do I stop feeling this way? I should be excited to have time off school but going to school every dsy keeps me occupied. I remember at my old school I had 8 weeks off for summer and they were just 8 loooooong weeks which stressed me out to be busy everyday.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by nerual16
I haven't seen of anyone else relating to this problem but does anyone get genuinely worried about the time off they'll have during school/college holidays. The reason is I'm just worried I will be bored or not living my best life I guess. Everyone talks about their exciting plans when I know I'll just be sat at home probably doing what I do throughout the term anyway. I think there's always a pressure to constantly be doing fun things during christmas/summer but I'm usually not due to being broke, lack of friends and family. How do I stop feeling this way? I should be excited to have time off school but going to school every dsy keeps me occupied. I remember at my old school I had 8 weeks off for summer and they were just 8 loooooong weeks which stressed me out to be busy everyday.

Just because everyone else is busy, doesn't mean you have to be. I'm an extreme case because I have mild agoraphobia, but a couple of summers ago (between Y10 and Y11), I left the house 3 times (ignoring going grocery shopping because that isn't exactly a trip) in 9 weeks. I continued to talk with friends online, do what I'm interested in (music) and I just had a nice time.
I guess you just need to realise that the summer break is a break so you should spend time relaxing and not feel like you always have to have something to do.
Reply 2
You don't have to do fun things, but what about volunteering instead of sitting around at home? Help some people who are worse off than you, and get some transferrable skills?

Quick Reply

Latest