The Student Room Group

Public Health ST1 2021

Scroll to see replies

Just to add some further anxiety into the mix:

Do you guys know how the SJT is graded? Is it like with the prep test, where if you get even one of the answers/order wrong, the whole question is marked as failed, or are there points for correct placements too?

Also, do we know if we only get our ranking, or the actual scores too? I'd love to know precisely which part of the bloody exam sunk me :biggrin:
Original post by adayasatiger

Do you guys know how the SJT is graded? Is it like with the prep test, where if you get even one of the answers/order wrong, the whole question is marked as failed, or are there points for correct placements too?

Also, do we know if we only get our ranking, or the actual scores too? I'd love to know precisely which part of the bloody exam sunk me :biggrin:

I think you do get marks in SJT for being "almost right" - whereas in WG and RANRA you are either right or wrong. Although I think that we only get our ranking but not the actual scores.
Reply 102

I really hope we get marks for nearly right answers on the SJT! In terms of scores I think we get our t-scores and our ranking but not the raw scores.
I think for the first part of the SJT the scores are graded (i.e. get marks for being nearly right) but the second half isn't.In terms of results - we don't get these until the end of the process (April time) but you get a t-score so you can see how you compared with other candidates.Good luck to everyone!
Has anyone gotten in touch with HEE to find out when we'll get our scores?
So I just had mine. It was... an experience. Those of you who have been doing the JobPrepTest practice tests, both the Numeracy and WG components are, imho, easier than the practice questions. The SJ is completely different (in terms of scenarios, not format).

Has anybody else done it already? Do you guys know when we're due to receive our results? I got a 'Score Report' from Pearson Vue almost immediately after the test, but Im either dumb, or it doesn't actually give me any scores - just thanks me for taking the exam. Am I missing something?

Have you thought of emailing/calling HEE to find out when results are available?
Reply 106
Original post by Anonymous
Sat the exam online today too - just wanted to say I found this thread really helpful. So, thanks all

I too had been using JTP and felt the RANRA and WG were more manageable on the actual exam. The SJT was interesting too!

Agree, was nice to see how everyone else was finding things. I had to sit remotely (horrible) as the test centre didn't;t receive my initial booking. Really found that the time wasn't enough but gave it a good go! In response to someones earlier question about negative marking the instructions on the WG said it wasn't negative but the RANRA was and suggested not guessing? Hope I am correct in this.. Also selected several questions to go back and review but unfortunately ran out of time to do so
Interesting. How do we get the T-score??

Original post by Cuttle246
I think for the first part of the SJT the scores are graded (i.e. get marks for being nearly right) but the second half isn't.In terms of results - we don't get these until the end of the process (April time) but you get a t-score so you can see how you compared with other candidates.Good luck to everyone!
We get an email from the HEE recruitment office.Re hearing back - the Pearson VUE website says we will hear back on or after 8th March.
Wow! That’s a long time to wait! 😐
Reply 110
Have we been given any instructions about the "stations" or "interview parts" that are involved in the next stage? I thought I read it is a 30 minutes interview, but no more instructions. I wonder if there will be enough time to prepare for those like me who don't work so much in Public Health already. Any thoughts?
Reply 111
Lovely to read how everyone else was finding things.. and i am not the only one! I had to sit the test remotely (horrible) as the test centre didn't receive my initial booking. Really found that the time given wasn't enough but gave it a good go! In response to someones earlier question about negative marking, I read the instructions on the WG said it wasn't negative but the RANRA was, and they suggested not guessing? I hope this was correct as i had thought it was non negative and would have guessed some had i known. Hope I am correct in this.. Also selected several questions to go back and review but unfortunately ran out of time to do so!
Original post by DrLHHG
Have we been given any instructions about the "stations" or "interview parts" that are involved in the next stage? I thought I read it is a 30 minutes interview, but no more instructions. I wonder if there will be enough time to prepare for those like me who don't work so much in Public Health already. Any thoughts?

Echo this. I've been trying valiantly to find more information online about this but there doesn't seem to be any helpful links/documents. The main website just states a 30 minutes interview but no breakdown of sections. If anyone could enlighten us, I would be most grateful.
Original post by aspire2021
Echo this. I've been trying valiantly to find more information online about this but there doesn't seem to be any helpful links/documents. The main website just states a 30 minutes interview but no breakdown of sections. If anyone could enlighten us, I would be most grateful.

I think it will be hard to know at this stage because the interview has never been done virtual before.
They will probably release more details once the results of the assessment centre is out.
From FPH website:
We plan to run a single-station video-interview process for each candidate with 4 questions in a 30 minute interview using Microsoft Teams. Each panel will have a maximum of 2 assessors, administrative support and lay representative input. We aim to interview 216 candidates which will be a ratio of about 3 candidates per available post

Should the above not be possible due to COVID-19 limiting assessor availability, we will implement our Plan B which is as above, but with 1 interviewer per panel as opposed to 2. We may also need to consider offering fewer interview places for the number of posts available

Full details of the process and requirements of candidates will be sent to those applicants invited to attend the selection centre.
Original post by carob09
Lovely to read how everyone else was finding things.. and i am not the only one! I had to sit the test remotely (horrible) as the test centre didn't receive my initial booking. Really found that the time given wasn't enough but gave it a good go! In response to someones earlier question about negative marking, I read the instructions on the WG said it wasn't negative but the RANRA was, and they suggested not guessing? I hope this was correct as i had thought it was non negative and would have guessed some had i known. Hope I am correct in this.. Also selected several questions to go back and review but unfortunately ran out of time to do so!

You're absolutely correct re marking. RANRA is negatively marked. Watson Glaser isn't. You should never guess on RANRA, you're more likely to decrease your overall score.
Am I right thinking selection centre invites come out today? Feel like I read it somewhere but can’t find it now
Original post by Anonymous
Am I right thinking selection centre invites come out today? Feel like I read it somewhere but can’t find it now

I had today in mind too for some reason! Haven’t heard anything! Nervous.....
Yes, should be today. The Pearson Vue webpage states this.

It does say on or after 8th March so don't panic if we don't hear today!
Original post by Connie76
I had today in mind too for some reason! Haven’t heard anything! Nervous.....

Yes - on or after 8 March was given as results day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending