Turn on thread page Beta

My brother is 16, and usually me and him don't talk, but we just had a deep conversation and I found out he's being bullied... a lot.

I knew he was a bit of a loner, but he had a group of people he hanged around with. But they were 'fake friends', and won't even talk to him. (And they're freaks of the yr!)
    His fake friends put pictures up of him all around the school the other day, adding penis' etc to him. I found my brother crying by himself in the corridor...

I don't really know what to do.
    I'm in CHIPs, an anti-bullying thing in my school. But I also have such a temper, I want to just throttle the little *******s in.

There's no point me just going to the headteacher etc, cos how will that solve anything? He still won't have any friends to hang around with in school etc.

I feel sorry for him!

What shall I do?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, that's horrible! I'd want to throttle 'em too! But first thing to do is go talk to whoever is in charge of CHIPs, I'm sure they'll help you sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    see a teacher?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Could he not try changing colleges and making a new start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicideCommando)
    I'm in CHIPs
    http://images.chron.com/blogs/tmi/ch...ips3%20(2).jpg

ReputationRep:
    If anyone ever bullied either of my siblings, I'd make them bite the curb, regardless of age and gender.

(Original post by Sanjetti)
    Oh no, that's horrible! I'd want to throttle 'em too! But first thing to do is go talk to whoever is in charge of CHIPs, I'm sure they'll help you sort it out.

I'm head of Chips in my school ¬_¬ && usually, I'd know exactly what to do, but because he's my brother, I feel differently.

(Original post by inksplodge)
    Could he not try changing colleges and making a new start?
    He's in Year 11, atm.
    And I'm in year 13. I'd let him hang around with me, but he can't go into the sixth form block. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm head of Chips in my school ¬_¬ && usually, I'd know exactly what to do, but because he's my brother, I feel differently.
    In that case, talk to your brothers head of year, and (s)he will sort the filthy little buggers who've been causing your brother this havok out.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    He's in Year 11, atm.
    And I'm in year 13. I'd let him hang around with me, but he can't go into the sixth form block. :eek:
    Ah right. Well, tell him to stick it out for just another year. If it gets any worse you really want to talk to the headteacher or something. Say it's disrupting his learning or something. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Teach your bro how to get back at them.
    The little *****es would deserve it.
    :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, that does make things different!

What would you do usually if you encountered bullying?

ReputationRep:
    My brother is 16, and usually me and him don't talk, but we just had a deep conversation and I found out he's being bullied... a lot.

I knew he was a bit of a loner, but he had a group of people he hanged around with. But they were 'fake friends', and won't even talk to him. (And they're freaks of the yr!)
    His fake friends put pictures up of him all around the school the other day, adding penis' etc to him. I found my brother crying by himself in the corridor...

I don't really know what to do.
    I'm in CHIPs, an anti-bullying thing in my school. But I also have such a temper, I want to just throttle the little *******s in.

There's no point me just going to the headteacher etc, cos how will that solve anything? He still won't have any friends to hang around with in school etc.

I feel sorry for him!

What shall I do?
    I got quite a lot of hassle at school and I never really fit in. I joined a local theatre group however and I made loads of friends there. It is great if you can find common interests with people.

One of my teacher's once put a picture of me that was in a local newspaper on the wall because I was in a play at the theatre group. I went to school the next day and someone had drawn some glasses and a beard on me in biro . I was furious at the time mainly because I didn't want my photo up there in the first place. I just laugh about it now, kids are so stupid. You often find that bullied kids tend to be seen as the cool ones in the future.

I always feel really bad, because my brother got picked on at school because I did. As a result of this he became really shy. I knew that he used to get a bit of hassle, but I never realised that it was as bad as it was because he didn't tell me until recently. Although we argued a lot a couple of years ago, we get along much better than most siblings. Even though he's only two years younger than me, I still feel like I have to protect him in an emotional kind of way.

ReputationRep:
    You could put up pictures of the fake friends??

But seriously, that's fecking horrible...

ReputationRep:
    He's in Year 11, atm.
    Start spending your time outside of the sixth form block with him then. Can't you go for a walk somewhere at lunchtime and pick up some food somewhere with him?

ReputationRep:
    tell a teacher. youll hate being a grass, but its for the best. believe me.

ReputationRep:
    There's not much you can do about his lack of friends, it's ultimately him that has to forge a friendship with someone. Perhaps talk to him about enrolling in a sports/social club out of school, where he can use his clean slate to generate a friendship circle out of school.

As for the bullies, invest in a picana, or if you're feeling particularly law-abiding, find a way to show them up in public. If they're the "freaks of the year", that should be enough to shut them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrotoxism)
    There's not much you can do about his lack of friends, it's ultimately him that has to forge a friendship with someone. Perhaps talk to him about enrolling in a sports/social club out of school, where he can use his clean slate to generate a friendship circle out of school.

As for the bullies, invest in a picana, or if you're feeling particularly law-abiding, find a way to show them up in public. If they're the "freaks of the year", that should be enough to shut them up.
    Surely then you'd be as bad as the bullies themselves?

It's so difficult when it's your own sibling involved...

ReputationRep:
    If it was me I would smash the ****** heads in but as you are a girl and the head of an anti-bullying thing that might not go down massively well...

ReputationRep:
    As a year 13, are there teachers you are quite close to that you could chat to about your brother? You could ask their advice but without it having to get too formal. I know I have teachers I could talk about anything to. Also do you have any of the same teachers as each other - ones that know you and you could ask to keep an eye.
    When I was being bullied a long time ago but older brother got all protective and said he'd beat them up. Even though he would never have done it, knowing he cared about me enough to say it and be protective over me actually made me feel so much better. We weren't close, as you say you aren't but I still think he'd support me with things and it would be good for your brother to know you want to help him so he feels supported. I have another brother 6 years younger than me and I try to talk to him as often as possible about his school and his friends so that if he ever does have problems he'll talk to me about them (it's worked so far).

Is it possible for your brother to move to a different school for sixth form? I know this year is still only just beginning but if he knew that at the end of it he'd never have to see the idiots again, it might make him feel better.

As for what to do now, other than talking to teachers and keep on talking to him, I can't think of much else to suggest except not to resort to violence or doing petty things in return that can be used against you if you ever try to report it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.