The Student Room Group

Family won't forgive me and are really mad

Basically we were going out in the car and I was in the car with my family members but my sister was in the house. So we were just sat there in the car then my sister just runs out of the house, she opens the back door where I so I shut the door when she opens it because I don't want her to come with us to where we are going and then my sister runs to get in the car on the other side which is on the road. Then there's a car coming and it stopped for her. The car was going fast and had to slam on the brakes. My family are angry with me, its just my other siblings and my mum. My mum attacked me for saying I nearly killed my sister. It was my sisters fault, she ran on the ****ing road without checking and also its fine because the car stopped nothing happened and a normal family would forget about it. Not my famliy, my family are not talking to me and are ignoring me if I do eventually get them to speak they say they'll never forgive me. They are treating me like I a criminal literally and im being unwanted by them over this.

The running on the road was my sisters fault right?
All I did was shut the car door I thought she was going to run back in the house but she ran on the road to get in through the other side and she nearly got ran over. Its her fault

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Basically we were going out in the car and I was in the car with my family members but my sister was in the house. So we were just sat there in the car then my sister just runs out of the house, she opens the back door where I so I shut the door when she opens it because I don't want her to come with us to where we are going and then my sister runs to get in the car on the other side which is on the road. Then there's a car coming and it stopped for her. The car was going fast and had to slam on the brakes. My family are angry with me, its just my other siblings and my mum. My mum attacked me for saying I nearly killed my sister. It was my sisters fault, she ran on the ****ing road without checking and also its fine because the car stopped nothing happened and a normal family would forget about it. Not my famliy, my family are not talking to me and are ignoring me if I do eventually get them to speak they say they'll never forgive me. They are treating me like I a criminal literally and im being unwanted by them over this.

The running on the road was my sisters fault right?
All I did was shut the car door I thought she was going to run back in the house but she ran on the road to get in through the other side and she nearly got ran over. Its her fault

You are writing this because nothing fatal happened to your sister. If she was killed because of your stupid games, you may never forgive yourself.

I suggest you apologise and try to maintain a good behaviour. Good luck.
How old is she?
Reply 3
Original post by YaliaV123
How old is she?

Year 7
Ahh finally someone who gets it. Finally someone who is being ignored by their parents for doing nothing wrong. How long has this been going on for? The longest my parents blatantly ignored me was for 2 and a half months and it was lockdown and online school that made them talk to me again, as they had to so it looks like we get on. I was only 12/13 at the time. I'm now 14 and still don't get on with them. They blanked me for me telling the school something about my mental health and the school got worried. The time will pass, it might just take longer than expected. When a parent's child is in danger, they panic and try to blame someone that isn't them. Unfortunately, you were just there at the wrong time. You will get through this. I have forgiven my parents and we get on better than before now, even though it isn't great. Give them time. They will be ok once the initial shock and anger is over.
Reply 5
Original post by Wired_1800
You are writing this because nothing fatal happened to your sister. If she was killed because of your stupid games, you may never forgive yourself.

I suggest you apologise and try to maintain a good behaviour. Good luck.

It wasn't any games, I shut the door because I didn't want her to come in the car
It wasn't any games, I shut the door because I didn't want her to come in the car

Was it your car? Why did you have the right to shut the door? Don't try to rationalise it. Like I said, you are indeed lucky that she is safe. Things can escalate quickly and then you have the rest of your life to regret it.
Reply 7
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
Ahh finally someone who gets it. Finally someone who is being ignored by their parents for doing nothing wrong. How long has this been going on for? The longest my parents blatantly ignored me was for 2 and a half months and it was lockdown and online school that made them talk to me again, as they had to so it looks like we get on. I was only 12/13 at the time. I'm now 14 and still don't get on with them. They blanked me for me telling the school something about my mental health and the school got worried. The time will pass, it might just take longer than expected. When a parent's child is in danger, they panic and try to blame someone that isn't them. Unfortunately, you were just there at the wrong time. You will get through this. I have forgiven my parents and we get on better than before now, even though it isn't great. Give them time. They will be ok once the initial shock and anger is over.

I know where you are coming from, mines only been a few days and its just my mum really
Reply 8
Was it your car? Why did you have the right to shut the door? Don't try to rationalise it. Like I said, you are indeed lucky that she is safe. Things can escalate quickly and then you have the rest of your life to regret it.

No it wasn't mine but we were going somewhere and she ran to come in the car

Why didn’t you want her to come along?
No it wasn't mine but we were going somewhere and she ran to come in the car

Yes i understood that part.

Apologise, move on and don't do it again. It is fine to play safe but certain areas/acts should be off limits.
Why didn’t you want her to come along?

Because she mucks about with me
Yes i understood that part.

Apologise, move on and don't do it again. It is fine to play safe but certain areas/acts should be off limits.

I'm not apologising because its her fault like I said and even if I did want to apologise I can't because my family are ignoring me
Year 7

????? Why would you lock a ****ing 12/13 yr old out the car???

I don't understand or tolerate or respect people who are rude or bitter or bullying or uncaring to their younger siblings.

Boo ****ing the hell hoo. Why would you do that. Go hug your sister. Bully.

So you did it for no good reason. Ultimately it was her fault because she’s old enough to know better, but you were also in the wrong. Swallow your pride and apologise. Send a text to your parents if you have to.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
????? Why would you lock a ****ing 12/13 yr old out the car???

I don't understand or tolerate or respect people who are rude or bitter or bullying or uncaring to their younger siblings.

I just shut the door because I did want her to come ffs
So you did it for no good reason. Ultimately it was her fault because she’s old enough to know better, but you were also in the wrong. Swallow your pride and apologise. Send a text to your parents if you have to.

Exactly she's in the wrong and that's it. I would not apologise because she's in the wrong, shes annoying she mucks about with me so I shut the door and she ran on the road
Either a troll or someone denser than the singularity of a BH :_:
I just shut the door because I did want her to come ffs

And again why would you do that "FFS"

Latest