The Student Room Group

Foundation Year

Greetings to all of you ,
My predicted are ABB ( i get contextual so i can apply to AAA unis) and right now i am achieving ABC, i dont know where to apply for my just in case option. I was thinking of instead of applying to a uni with requirements of BCC , just apply for a foundation year and transfer to a better uni for either econ/accounting.
I dont know how Foundation years work so could you guys please assist me.
Thank you
If you do a Foundation year, you will be doing the full degree at the same Uni - foundation years are not a qualification, just an extra year within a degree, so you cant just switch Unis to a 'better one' after it.
Subject?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Subject?

Economics
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
If you do a Foundation year, you will be doing the full degree at the same Uni - foundation years are not a qualification, just an extra year within a degree, so you cant just switch Unis to a 'better one' after it.

I forgot what university stated this but it said they accept transfer of foundation students from certain universities assuming you achieve 80% plus
Original post by Bobchain97
I forgot what university stated this but it said they accept transfer of foundation students from certain universities assuming you achieve 80% plus

'Parallel Unis' ie. with the same entry requirements for the main degree - therefore Foundation years will be at same level.

(Be careful you aren't looking at International Foundation course entry to main degrees - they are whole other thing completely).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
I dont know any Russel Group unis that do foundations year for home students though which is weird
Other Unis good for Foundation courses - Susses, Surrey, Reading, Keele.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending