Do you think HBO Max / Hulu will ever be made available in the UK?

Watch
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
^^title

Since the news of the release of some films which were delayed are going to be made available on HBO Max cos they were delayed due ti corknavirus, I've realised just how much stuff is on those platforms
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
^^title

Since the news of the release of some films which were delayed are going to be made available on HBO Max cos they were delayed due ti corknavirus, I've realised just how much stuff is on those platforms
Probably, but not any time soon. HBO are a network that distributes their own content in the US, while in the UK they have distribution deals for their content with other networks, likely covering almost all their content that's licensed for several years, including not yet released content. Odds are there's a veritable army of lawyers trying to regain the distribution rights for their content outside of the US in as many territories as possible, but until then they may simply not have enough work available to them to justify launching a platform.

Hopefully whoever has acquired the VOD rights to these movies here will be able to adopt a similar release structure to HBO in US, rather than having to wait for the theatrical window to end.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Not legally any time soon. But as soon as they come out in the US they are out worldwide.
Darya.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Not legally any time soon. But as soon as they come out in the US they are out worldwide.
YAY I repped you!!
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Where there's money, there's a will.
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i want to watch euphoria with every bone in my body

also kuwtk. that too :lol:
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Indeed. Looking forward to Wonder Woman 1984 being available in 4K around the world on Christmas Day.
jjessj18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I started using Hulu after reading the reviews hulu customer service. This is really a very cool streaming service. My family and I often watch various movies and TV series there. I think it will be available in the UK but not soon. We will wait
Last edited by jjessj18; 4 weeks ago
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have Hulu and HBO Max. I love Hulu, so many great shows on there. HBO Max is great for movies and, of course, John Oliver.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (113)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (345)
14.95%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (252)
10.92%
Lack of purpose or motivation (324)
14.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (104)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (135)
5.85%
Loneliness (199)
8.62%
Financial worries (87)
3.77%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (96)
4.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (112)
4.85%
Lack of real life entertainment (123)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (202)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (216)
9.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed