The 'anti-racism' movement is sowing deeper division

Watch
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Once again, your missing the point. The #blm is finished. The reason for that is because the organisation Black Lives Matter U.K. decided to firstly post anti-Semitic comments on Twitter, but secondly made their left wing Marxist intentions completely clear which has now completely hijacked the whole movement.

Rebrand it, do whatever you want. I want racial equality, however it will not come under the BLM banner because all that anyone sees now under that is an extreme left wing Marxist organisation which wants to destroy the norms of British life.

Lastly, you’ve still yet to explain why 3% of the population make up 18% of murders.
^see
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Once again, your missing the point. The #blm is finished. The reason for that is because the organisation Black Lives Matter U.K. decided to firstly post anti-Semitic comments on Twitter, but secondly made their left wing Marxist intentions completely clear which has now completely hijacked the whole movement.

Rebrand it, do whatever you want. I want racial equality, however it will not come under the BLM banner because all that anyone sees now under that is an extreme left wing Marxist organisation which wants to destroy the norms of British life.

Lastly, you’ve still yet to explain why 3% of the population make up 18% of murders.
I think society is starting to shift away from BLM and move more towards general anti-racism messages.

The Premier League have phased out BLM references on their broadcasts for the 20/21 season and adopted “No room for racism” instead which I think is a positive move. We should be against the concept of racism in all forms, not just instances of racism directed at one particular group.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by IanDangerously)
I think society is starting to shift away from BLM and move more towards general anti-racism messages.

The Premier League have phased out BLM references on their broadcasts for the 20/21 season and adopted “No room for racism” instead which I think is a positive move. We should be against the concept of racism in all forms, not just instances of racism directed at one particular group.
I completely agree, and society should be moving away from BLM. My whole point of that post however was to point out that BLM is finished.

The premier league is moving away, but slowly. They still do the knee, which was booed, because that is synonymous with BLM, it is a political gesture.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I completely agree, and society should be moving away from BLM. My whole point of that post however was to point out that BLM is finished.

The premier league is moving away, but slowly. They still do the knee, which was booed, because that is synonymous with BLM, it is a political gesture.
And, ironically a deeply divisive and exclusionary one :lol:
Megacent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It got booed because people want to go to a match to enjoy the game, not get a lecture on equality and social justice. Football fans still have a bad reputation from the days of hooliganism but most of us aren't racist. We treat people equally, we're just not interested in hollow gestures. Because ultimately taking a knee on a pitch doesn't prove anything, you could still be racist for all we know.
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

I’m sure players will continue taking the knee for a while but how do they ultimately plan to tackle racism? There seems to be entirely too much empty gesturing and not enough actually doing anything about it. That’s always been the way and probably always will be regardless of what name they attach to it at the time ☹️
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by noblelord3)
You have all fallen into the Devil well thought our trap of defining other people by race and skin color I have long argued that by continuing to complain about racism, you are actually creating a new generation of disenfranchised and alienated people of are both racist and angry at other people because of their skin color. You have actually created the thing you say you oppose. Being anti-racist appears to be a noble thing, buy it merely eccacibates the issue you say you want to oppose so that 'you' actually become the thing you say you oppose you are in fact racist, yourself/ God created all men and woman equal but continuing to define other by their skin color rather than who they actually are as a person, is.. racist.
Indeed. People suffering from prejudice and discrimination because of the colour of their skin should just stop whinging. Don't they know how upsetting and divisive it is for all the privileged white folk?
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
Who'd have thought not being racist in fact meant you're a racist :rolleyes: The mental gymnastics these pseudo-academics in the (suppresses snort of derision) "critical race theory" and other such mickey mouse subjects is really quite impressive. We need only look to the alarming actions certain institutions, not least the British Library, have been strong armed into taking to suppress this notional all present viral scourge. "re-examining" it's collection seeming to be a classically British understatement for purging offending material that doesnt quite stand up to muster from the ilk of Kendi, Lentin and Di Angelo.

When apparently the mere act of not being racist, is sufficient grounds to actually be a racist you have to wonder what exactly the end game they're after is? Or is this merely one of those new cults that exists for the sake of it, after all, there is now a huge amount of money in this industry from book deals to the tidy sums being made my nominal diversity trainers, 'anti racism' lecture circuits and so on. Oh what a time to be alive.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...eper-divisions
Mate I'll spell it out for you: They just don't like white people and are objectively racist towards towards whites. And yes that includes all of their self hating white 'allies' .

Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-08-17-15-03-89.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  65.7 KB

'anti racism' is just a dog whistle for being anti white
Djtoodles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by OxFossil)
#Black Lives Matter is not a single organisation which you can join, hold a membership card for, or a manifesto which you have to sign up to. It's a broad movement of people who understand that Black people are systematically disadvantaged by racism, and who wish to demonstrate solidarity. That's all.

There are a variety of organisations that have adopted variations of the hashtag as their name, but they are not synonymous with the whole movement. It's just like there are many people in this country who would describe themselves as "conservative", in one way or another. But they are not all believers in a no-deal Brexit, the selling off of council houses, the primacy of the financial sector or neoliberal econnomics. There is a political party that has adopted the term "Conservative", but "conservatives" do not necessarily support any of its political programme. Simlilarly, not everyone who describes themself as a "democrat" supports the political programme of the Democratic Party of the USA.

It's not really a difficult concept. The footballers who took the knee did so because they are well aware of the true nature of #BLM as a non-aligned movement with no wider political programme.

It is the politically motivated Right who wish to spread confusion and disinformation on this count. For them, seeing a storyline in The Vicar of Dibley in which a character expresses support for #BLM is a matter for moral outrage. For the rest of us, it's seeing the endless reports of Black people's disadvantage in education, health, housing, employment and income being ignored, year after year after year.
The footballers who took the knee don’t know nothing, their agents told them to do it.
But, and this is giving some benefit of the doubt, lets assume the BLM which has a list of demands which is both funny and scary is some crazy sub group. This particular cult of BLM also takes the knee. So how is one to distinguish between someone supporting black equality (which they already have fyi) and someone who is supporting that crazy almost supremacist BLM which is issuing demands like its own autonomous territory. If these people do support a more reasonable version of BLM (if there is one) they should make it clear.
That’s a bit like me supporting a charity to help orphans who happens to do the same salute as the Nazi’s. You think anyone is going to cut me any slack lol.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Djtoodles)
The footballers who took the knee don’t know nothing, their agents told them to do it.
But, and this is giving some benefit of the doubt, lets assume the BLM which has a list of demands which is both funny and scary is some crazy sub group. This particular cult of BLM also takes the knee. So how is one to distinguish between someone supporting black equality (which they already have fyi) and someone who is supporting that crazy almost supremacist BLM which is issuing demands like its own autonomous territory. If these people do support a more reasonable version of BLM (if there is one) they should make it clear.
That’s a bit like me supporting a charity to help orphans who happens to do the same salute as the Nazi’s. You think anyone is going to cut me any slack lol.
Although this post isn’t the most eloquently phrased, I agree with it in whole.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.75%
Uncertainty around my education (421)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (322)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (401)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (128)
4.47%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (175)
6.12%
Loneliness (248)
8.67%
Financial worries (104)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (116)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
4.58%
Lack of real life entertainment (153)
5.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (254)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (272)
9.51%

Watched Threads