The Student Room Group

Instagram Troll?

Hi all,

I have had the same person sending me messages from a fake profile and when I’ve blocked another one gets made (I think there’s only been three made in total).

Anyway the messages aren’t life threatening or violent etc, just calling me *****y names and accusing me of having an affair! (I most definitely am not)! And they ask me to stop. That’s about as bad as the messages get. Is this trolling?
Turn account private, so this person can not contact you further.
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Turn account private, so this person can not contact you further.

My account is private, sorry I probably should have mentioned that. I just want to know if this is what’s known as trolling
Reply 3
Original post by mycool.doughnut
clearly you should apologise
XD

I’ve done nothing wrong! I have been with the same guy (who isn’t married by the way) since we were 15! I just want to know if this constitutes as trolling
If your account is private then all the messages from people that don’t follow you should go into the requests section unless you’re letting them follow you?
They are probably either a troll, someone who’s jealous or maybe someone’s idea of a joke (I’m not saying it’s funny just that some messed up ppl out there that might think it is) :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Spencer5567
If your account is private then all the messages from people that don’t follow you should go into the requests section unless you’re letting them follow you?
They are probably either a troll, someone who’s jealous or maybe someone’s idea of a joke (I’m not saying it’s funny just that some messed up ppl out there that might think it is) :smile:

My account is private and the messages go through to my message requests and when they have blocked me straight after sending me a message, sometimes the message doesn’t appear at all, is this normal that messages disappear if I’ve been blocked? (Sorry not great with technology)!

Yes I think she’s maybe jealous or something. I don’t have any intention of going to the police or anything but IF I did? I don’t really have a case do I because she hasn’t threatened me with violence or anything
Original post by Anonymous
My account is private and the messages go through to my message requests and when they have blocked me straight after sending me a message, sometimes the message doesn’t appear at all, is this normal that messages disappear if I’ve been blocked? (Sorry not great with technology)!

Yes I think she’s maybe jealous or something. I don’t have any intention of going to the police or anything but IF I did? I don’t really have a case do I because she hasn’t threatened me with violence or anything

Yes the messages should disappear if you are blocked and then the sender deletes the chat.
Yh I don’t think the police could do much but take screenshots of everything she sends just in case!
Reply 7
Original post by Spencer5567
Yes the messages should disappear if you are blocked and then the sender deletes the chat.
Yh I don’t think the police could do much but take screenshots of everything she sends just in case!

Oh I never realised that about Instagram! So if I sent a message to someone and then blocked them they wouldn’t receive unless I unblocked them? Not that I intend on doing this! Just interesting to know
Original post by Anonymous
Oh I never realised that about Instagram! So if I sent a message to someone and then blocked them they wouldn’t receive unless I unblocked them? Not that I intend on doing this! Just interesting to know

No they wouldn’t!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending