The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

University of Oxford 2022 Applicants Official Thread

University of Oxford 2022 Applicants
Well either I'm blind or there isn't a thread for Oxford hopefuls applying for entry in October 2022 - Forgive me if I'm wrong and I will go home and cry
( Praise be to @Oxford Mum )

Tell us about yourself

Subject applying for ~
College applying to ~
A Levels/ equiv taking ~
Additional qualifications (if any) -
Predicted/ Achieved grades (A level/ eq)~
Achieved GCSE/ equiv grades ~
Why Oxford? ~
Why that college? (if you know why) ~
State/Private/Grammar/Home ~

Peace and love to all and hope you are all staying safe out there! <3

Mod note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this into account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/staying-safe-on-the-student-room

SHORTLISTING DATES - Once you have received an interview decision please fill out the following form. To view others' responses see the second link - thank you :smile:

Please note submissions will be checked and any seemed to be false will be removed

Google form: https://forms.gle/G8HiWojWE1vi9P9J7

Spreadsheet to view responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1le3P9XY1Gue_4ILfJnHfiI9I4J5Fb7ipttDxEXBJr0g/edit?usp=sharing

Interview Self Assessment form is now available:

https://forms.gle/wufrzWFrrijBKmQR9

Please fill this form out once ALL of your interviews are over.

This year, you are able to score each of your interviews separately and note the college you were interviewed at. We have gone up to 6 interviews just in case you are interviewed at 3/4 colleges! If anyone has more let @azby1098 know and they'll add it to the form to cater.

On 12 Jan when final decisions are released, they will open the spreadsheet for editing so that you can state if you received an offer or not to compare your predictions to reality!

The spreadsheet to see responses is below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gR8sZ0V4Gb_RIwvURNgwaCxPSaWQvbTJ-fhMRFM5Ne0/edit?usp=sharing
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is a bit early when people are now being interviewed for 2021.:eek:

If you are in Year 12 how on earth can you be sure you will be at the right standard? I'm a very experienced teacher and I can see some people who might be 'right' for Oxford but grade prediction now is just foolish.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
This is a bit early when people are now being interviewed for 2021.:eek:

If you are in Year 12 how on earth can you be sure you will be at the right standard? I'm a very experienced teacher and I can see some people who might be 'right' for Oxford but grade prediction now is just foolish.

Firstly, I’m in Year 13. My predicted grades are A*A*A and I’m applying for Fine Art. I have a place at art college to do a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.

I don’t see the problem
Original post by Nevarty
Firstly, I’m in Year 13. My predicted grades are A*A*A and I’m applying for Fine Art. I have a place at art college to do a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.

I don’t see the problem

I think it would be more respectful to wait until this year's offers are out - what are you thinking of studying?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Subject applying for ~ Fine Art

College applying to ~ St John’s

A Levels/ equiv ~ History, Classical Civilisation, Fine Art

Additional qualifications (if any) - Doing a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at the Northern School of Art next year

Predicted/ Achieved grades ~ A*A*A (I’m in Y13 at the moment)

Achieved GCSE/ equiv ~ 887666666

Why Oxford? ~ The Fine Art course looks ace. Oxford is a nice city. Close to London so I can visit some cool art galleries. Small student intake for the subject so it’s a nice community. Plus I only need to take two trains to get there :smile:

Why that college? (if you know why) ~ It’s one of the few colleges that provides fine art. I want to live on site. Its not too far from the Ruskin but not too close. My great grandad went to St John’s in 1938 to study medicine but the war broke out so he never got to finish (would be nice to do it in his memory)

State/Private/Grammar/Home ~ State
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
I think it would be more respectful to wait until this year's offers are out - what are you thinking of studying?

Like I said, Fine Art? 😂
Also I don’t know what’s disrespectful. The 2021 application thread was out this time last year.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Well, despite the turbulent start I hope that anyone who is considering choosing Oxford says hello. I hope this place comes to be the place of support and encouragement that inspires us all to push for our goals and be our best. Hopefully some of us will be successful and we will already know a few faces as a result :biggrin:
Original post by Nevarty
Like I said, Fine Art? 😂
Also I don’t know what’s disrespectful. The 2021 application thread was out this time last year.

You didn't say Fine Art in the OP - was last year's thread up before Christmas?

Why Oxford ?
Can anyone really be considered an applicant almost a year before applying :holmes:

At least it's not as early as the Cambridge thread :lol:
Ooooh keen beans :biggrin:

To any 2022 entry prospective applicants: feel free to tag me in here (or to PM me) if you have questions about Woosta (Worcester College) or the music degree at Oxford :musicus: I read music at Woosta from 2007-10 :smartass:
Original post by Nevarty

I don’t see the problem

Nonsense, you go for it!

It's a beautiful thread, I understand why you are going for fine art.

If I bump into a fine art offer holder, I'll see if I can ask them for an Oxford Demystified chapter.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

To any 2022 entry prospective applicants: feel free to tag me in here (or to PM me) if you have questions about Woosta (Worcester College) or the music degree at Oxford :musicus: I read music at Woosta from 2007-10 :smartass:

Supportive as ever, TLG! You have already been superb at supporting those who have Oxford music interviews. I loved the Beethoven moment.
Reply 12

I just know it’s nice for some people to find others who are thinking of applying.

I was initially applying for History at the other place and the 2021 thread was an absolute godsend when I started Y12. It motivated me to study. Even though I changed my mind I hope this place will come to provide that support to another person in that way!

Worcester does Fine Art if I remember correctly? Was it nice? I’m quite happy with the look of SJC but I’m not ruling anything out. I think Worcester was a bit far out from the Ruskin, though I might be getting it mixed up with somewhere else 😂
My elder son was friends with a fine arts student at Exeter College. She liked modern art and used to do paintings with her boobs. He went to an exhibition of her work and bought one of her paintings (still on his bedroom wall). Mind you, if you thought coming home with an oil painting is weird, he also brought back a light sabre. And other son brought back a poker table.
Reply 14
Original post by Oxford Mum
Nonsense, you go for it!

It's a beautiful thread, I understand why you are going for fine art.

If I bump into a fine art offer holder, I'll see if I can ask them for an Oxford Demystified chapter.

Awesome stuff! Fine Art seems to be a bit of a hit or miss on here. Many don’t even know Oxford does Fine Art. 🤣
Original post by Nevarty
I just know it’s nice for some people to find others who are thinking of applying.

I was initially applying for History at the other place and the 2021 thread was an absolute godsend when I started Y12. It motivated me to study. Even though I changed my mind I hope this place will come to provide that support to another person in that way!

Worcester does Fine Art if I remember correctly? Was it nice? I’m quite happy with the look of SJC but I’m not ruling anything out. I think Worcester was a bit far out from the Ruskin, though I might be getting it mixed up with somewhere else 😂

I'm sure the thread will do a lot of good! :yep: I don't think it's too early to start :nah:

We do offer Fine Art, yessss! Tbf, St John's is just down the road from Woosta :tongue: but you are right in thinking both of them are a little further out than the more central colleges (or Magdalen), from the Ruskin. Worcester's a very nice college: big grounds (including lush lawns you can walk on :colone: ), a small lake with ducks, and the only multi-purpose on-site sports fields within undergrad college boundaries :biggrin: When I was there, we were known for our food as well (not sure if that's still the case) :teeth:
Reply 16
Original post by Oxford Mum
My elder son was friends with a fine arts student at Exeter College. She liked modern art and used to do paintings with her boobs. He went to an exhibition of her work and bought one of her paintings (still on his bedroom wall). Mind you, if you thought coming home with an oil painting is weird, he also brought back a light sabre. And other son brought back a poker table.

I was looking at Exeter because it looked gorgeous, plus I’m a huge His Dark Materials fan. In the end something didn’t feel right about it and when I remembered my grandad went to Johns I just knew it was meant to be.

Then again, I’m a different person now to the person I was last year, never say never, I might change my mind again 😂
Reply 17
I'm sure the thread will do a lot of good! :yep: I don't think it's too early to start :nah:

We do offer Fine Art, yessss! Tbf, St John's is just down the road from Woosta :tongue: but you are right in thinking both of them are a little further out than the more central colleges (or Magdalen), from the Ruskin. Worcester's a very nice college: big grounds (including lush lawns you can walk on :colone: ), a small lake with ducks, and the only multi-purpose on-site sports fields within undergrad college boundaries :biggrin: When I was there, we were known for our food as well (not sure if that's still the case) :teeth:

Please stop or you’ll have me radically changing my mind once again. My brain can’t handle 2020 😂😂😂

Do Woosta pay for you to advertise? he he
Original post by Nevarty
Please stop or you’ll have me radically changing my mind once again. My brain can’t handle 2020 😂😂😂

Hee hee! I do like promoting Woosta :biggrin: SJC is a great college too though :yep: Plus almost everyone ends up happy, whichever college they end up at :biggrin:

Latest