The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jiyaaa
guys im so stressed right now i submitted my application to UCAS a week ago and my school still haven't sent it off. The deadline is in like 4 hours.

You need to call up the head or head there asap . get your parents to call up
Original post by TheClaimsGuys
Yh it’s just a confirmation email lol. People won’t start getting invited to interview/rejected until November.

I know that the interviews are held in december but based on previous trends, does anyone know around what date or which week?
Reply 1982
Original post by the.night.we.met
I know that the interviews are held in december but based on previous trends, does anyone know around what date or which week?

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/guide/interviews/interview-timetable2
I assume it is fine to submit the personal statement with no complete link breaks? Unfortunately I'd go over the limit.
Original post by TrayManc
You need to call up the head or head there asap . get your parents to call up

Yeah i should do that. I've been emailing my teacher literally all week and she's been saying its fine we'll get it done but i guess not. I have no words tbh
Original post by DeBeauvoir2
Literally did this paper last night!
So the argument is saying elite athletes have very high discipline and train. School children need discipline, so they should do the same training in order to develop this training.

Put this way can you see the problem is that the argument assumes causation where there is only correlation.

The answer that says that problem in different words is E - just because elite athletes train and have discipline doesn’t mean the training caused the discipline.

I can also tell you why it isn’t the others if you need - just don’t want to type it out if you don’t :smile:

(Still same person, didnt realise anon was on)

wow thank you for your help, I also did the paper yesterday :biggrin:

oh and, it seems be that you don't need to read all the argument as long as your understand its essence? coz I have been trying to read every single words for each critical thinking questions and it is really demanding

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/guide/interviews/interview-timetable2
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I assume it is fine to submit the personal statement with no complete link breaks? Unfortunately I'd go over the limit.

I personally wouldn't want to read a block of text. but it's up to you how you want to structure it
Doesn't it automatically become a single block after submission?
I’m the parent of an international student who submitted her UCAS form two days ago.
My daughter has applied to read law and her PS is mostly focused on how keen she is on the subject and why she wants to study it. She recently took the LNAT exam.
When submitting the form, however, without thinking too much, we clicked on the button that asks if the student was opening to receiving offers for other courses (if you don’t get your first option, I suppose).
Now I’m regretting asking her to click that. Am worried that it shows she’s not that keen on law and just keen on admission to the college for any course whatsoever. The truth is she’s only keen on studying law.
Do you think her chances of getting an offer for law will reduce because of clicking this option?
Would appreciate any feedback.
I hope I’m not breaking any rules by being a parent on this forum.
Thank you.

@TheClaimsGuys
I personally wouldn't want to read a block of text. but it's up to you how you want to structure it

Nor would I, however I've got line breaks, just no spaces between, as that'd take it over the limit. And thought it would be inconsistent just having a couple blank lines
Original post by Diyamathew77
I’m the parent of an international student who submitted her UCAS form two days ago.
My daughter has applied to read law and her PS is mostly focused on how keen she is on the subject and why she wants to study it. She recently took the LNAT exam.
When submitting the form, however, without thinking too much, we clicked on the button that asks if the student was opening to receiving offers for other courses (if you don’t get your first option, I suppose).
Now I’m regretting asking her to click that. Am worried that it shows she’s not that keen on law and just keen on admission to the college for any course whatsoever. The truth is she’s only keen on studying law.
Do you think her chances of getting an offer for law will reduce because of clicking this option?
Thank you.

Is this option on UCAS? because I don't quite recall seeing it.

nosir

It's only for certain courses.

I seem to remember ticking it. But my daughter says she doesn’t remember. I hope I’m wrong! Would be a relief.
Original post by Indililam1
Hi all! I'm stuck between applying to Oxford or UCL so I'm not 100% sure if I'll be applying for Oxford, but...

Subject applying for ~ Mathematics
College applying to ~ Potentially St. Anne's, but Oxford was a last minute decision so I may just go for an open application as I'm unsure of the major differences between each college.
A Levels/ equiv taking ~ Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Welsh Baccalaureate (applying with major mit circumstances)
Additional qualifications (if any) ~ LIBF DipFS, Economics AS, MAT and potentially STEP II + III
Predicted/ Achieved grades (A level/ eq) ~ A*A*A* achieved (maths, dipfs + wb) A*A predicted (fm + ec AS)
Achieved GCSE/ equiv grades ~ 5A*, 2A, 5B (very low for Oxford, hence why I am on the fence about applying :frown:
Why Oxford? ~ Unsure of what to choose for my 5th place on my application, my school suggested I go for Oxbridge. I'm sitting the MAT for Imperial anyway and can't really afford to sit the STEP papers, so Cambridge is off the table.
Why that college? (if you know why) ~ St. Anne's - my mum was called Anne so I would choose it in honour of her. As said before, Oxford really is a wildcard so I haven't put much thought into it.
State/Private/Grammar/Home ~ Comprehensive (Welsh applicant so I'm unsure what the equiv is?)

Good luck everyone!

Just submitted my application to St Anne's this morning!! The real work begins now!
:grin:
nosir

I left lines as well, but after I looked at my application now it shows the PS as a single block

Did that happen to you as well?

I got my invite around 30th November so last week of November ish
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Diyamathew77
Thank you.

This will not impact her chances of getting an offer for law at all, don’t worry!! This mostly only applies for subjects such as modern languages or joint honours things. For example, I ticked the box when applying for French and linguistics, and in the end I got an offer to study French on its own. There aren’t really any similar courses a law applicant could change to, so this shouldn’t affect you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending