G2021
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Ready to submit my application. Although when I pasted my personal statement into UCAS and look at the preview, the formatting seems all over the place? Any others?
asclepeion
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by G2021)
Ready to submit my application. Although when I pasted my personal statement into UCAS and look at the preview, the formatting seems all over the place? Any others?
It’s the crap revamp. Normally it’d show each line very clearly, instead of line 1 of text spread over two lines and so on.
But this is their new look with improvements 🤷*♀️
TheClaimsGuys
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mantao)
Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard back from Oxford? I've received an email today at 7:30 am but am too timid to open it🙈. I hope it is just a confirmation email!!
Yh it’s just a confirmation email lol. People won’t start getting invited to interview/rejected until November.
mantao
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It’ll just be a confirmation email as they won’t make decisions about interviews until November time mine was a confirmation!
Oh right! I've just opened mine too, thank you!
mantao
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ivyxue49)
i got a confirmation email from oxford before i got my ucas email, nothing to worry about!
Hi, thank you so much for your response, I've opened it!
G2021
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by asclepeion)
It’s the crap revamp. Normally it’d show each line very clearly, instead of line 1 of text spread over two lines and so on.
But this is their new look with improvements 🤷*♀️
Ah so as long as it looks okay when I put it in originally it'll be fine?
mantao
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nmorenopaiva)
Yes, I have received a confirmation email.
Yes, all good! Thanks!
(Original post by astudent..)
yeah it is just a confirmation of the application, i got it this morning too
Great, thanks~
mantao
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheClaimsGuys)
Yh it’s just a confirmation email lol. People won’t start getting invited to interview/rejected until November.
Cool, thank you haha I'm so worried!!
Ria_5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mantao)
Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard back from Oxford? I've received an email today at 7:30 am but am too timid to open it🙈. I hope it is just a confirmation email!!
you won't get an offer from Oxford before the admissions test and interview so I'm pretty sure it will be confirmation itself
Culver
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No one will hear anything regarding the status of their application apart from a confirmation email until late November/early December for interviews and mid January for the offers! You don’t have to worry about opening any emails till then
Jiyaaa
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
guys im so stressed right now i submitted my application to UCAS a week ago and my school still haven't sent it off. The deadline is in like 4 hours.
TrayManc
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jiyaaa)
guys im so stressed right now i submitted my application to UCAS a week ago and my school still haven't sent it off. The deadline is in like 4 hours.
You need to call up the head or head there asap . get your parents to call up
the.night.we.met
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheClaimsGuys)
I know that the interviews are held in december but based on previous trends, does anyone know around what date or which week?
asclepeion
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by the.night.we.met)
I know that the interviews are held in december but based on previous trends, does anyone know around what date or which week?
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...iew-timetable2
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
I assume it is fine to submit the personal statement with no complete link breaks? Unfortunately I'd go over the limit.
Jiyaaa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TrayManc)
You need to call up the head or head there asap . get your parents to call up
Yeah i should do that. I've been emailing my teacher literally all week and she's been saying its fine we'll get it done but i guess not. I have no words tbh
Anonymous #14
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DeBeauvoir2)
Literally did this paper last night!
So the argument is saying elite athletes have very high discipline and train. School children need discipline, so they should do the same training in order to develop this training.

Put this way can you see the problem is that the argument assumes causation where there is only correlation.

The answer that says that problem in different words is E - just because elite athletes train and have discipline doesn’t mean the training caused the discipline.

I can also tell you why it isn’t the others if you need - just don’t want to type it out if you don’t

(Still same person, didnt realise anon was on)
wow thank you for your help, I also did the paper yesterday

oh and, it seems be that you don't need to read all the argument as long as your understand its essence? coz I have been trying to read every single words for each critical thinking questions and it is really demanding
TheClaimsGuys
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by the.night.we.met)
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...iew-timetable2
Last edited by TheClaimsGuys; 1 month ago
TheClaimsGuys
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I assume it is fine to submit the personal statement with no complete link breaks? Unfortunately I'd go over the limit.
I personally wouldn't want to read a block of text. but it's up to you how you want to structure it
Anonymous #16
Report 1 month ago
Doesn't it automatically become a single block after submission?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (99)
35.23%
Yes - a trusted person (78)
27.76%
No (73)
25.98%
I'm not sure (31)
11.03%

Watched Threads