University of Oxford 2022 Applicants Official Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #157
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WutheringHxights)
Good morning all and happy Friday

I've just received a rejection from Jesus College for History & English which you will see on the spreadsheet.

I was expecting this outcome but am nonetheless proud of myself for giving it a go. I've received a fantastic offer from Royal Holloway which admittedly I am more drawn to as the modules look fantastic and more to my liking than those offered at Oxford.

I truly believe the Oxford path simply wasn't meant to be for myself and am looking forward to pursuing this joint honours elsewhere!

A massive good luck to all of you awaiting a response for your application. Please try to refrain from feeling upset if you receive a rejection, it does not mean you are not good enough... it just means life has a different plan for you x
I wish I could have your positive outlook. I am really struggling with my rejection. I received an email on Saturday and I spent the whole day in bed. I am utterly devastated as it has been my dream to study at Oxford since I started secondary school. That was the reason I worked so hard at school. I am seriously thinking about applying next year now as I’m scared I won’t hear from other Uni’s this year also as my GCSE were downgraded (I was always on track for 9s until GCSE mocks when I was ill (diagnosed with severe anxiety start of year 11 and put on meds). As I didn’t do well in three of my subjects I received 7s (even though in my Autumn report I was still on track for 9s!!). I am angry and upset as I feel let down by my school at that time as I can’t help wondering if that was the reason.
Anonymous #125
Report 1 month ago
Any Trinity Law applicants still waiting?
hannahjaayy
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Waiting to hear back is honestly such a nightmare - let the email refreshing routine begin! It doesn’t help that I have anxiety
The wait for History has been so long at this point I honestly don't care what they tell me as long as I get an email. They could send me an email saying "haha you suck no way" and it would be better than this agonising wait lmao
edie__r
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
how are we all feeling this morning lmao
Anonymous #61
Report 1 month ago
Anyone still haven’t heard back about PPE?🥲🥲
greyedlavender
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by edie__r)
nervous but also just want anything from Oxford, already been ghosted by men I don’t need Oxford as well🙄🙄🙄
Meher106
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Still haven’t heard from Religion and Oriental Studies at St John’s College. I’m so so so scared haha, how have you been?
gulay009
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
dont even
edie__r
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Meher106)
Still haven’t heard from Religion and Oriental Studies at St John’s College. I’m so so so scared haha, how have you been?
I’m VERY nervous, waiting for classics ii and english at exeter and every email notification i get actively shortens my lifespan
gulay009
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
anyone medics know when we will actually hear anything as our interviews start in like ten days? gonna cry
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by greyedlavender)
nervous but also just want anything from Oxford, already been ghosted by men I don’t need Oxford as well🙄🙄🙄
Silly men, they are the fools! You will meet some nice, decent guys at Oxford and forget about those losers
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gulay009)
anyone medics know when we will actually hear anything as our interviews start in like ten days? gonna cry
I know my son heard in December. This is a short wait, it just feels like a long time but just look at the long view.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by F4t1)
I can’t wait. I’m excited and terrified at the same time.
All the very best to you
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Swish, swish swishety swish, pink woshette is waving her magic wand for all students anxiously waiting today. The best of luck from her and me
Meher106
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m VERY nervous, waiting for classics ii and english at exeter and every email notification i get actively shortens my lifespan
I knowwwwwww, if you’re really not Oxford, you’re NOT allowed to email us hahaha
mlee531
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Lots of people have but I haven’t yet - we will either hear today or tomorrow as tomorrow is the latest they can issue it
Hope so!!
Jiyaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hannahjaayy)
The wait for History has been so long at this point I honestly don't care what they tell me as long as I get an email. They could send me an email saying "haha you suck no way" and it would be better than this agonising wait lmao
I have never related to something much. I just want an email at this point. Like is it too much to ask?
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I wish I could have your positive outlook. I am really struggling with my rejection. I received an email on Saturday and I spent the whole day in bed. I am utterly devastated as it has been my dream to study at Oxford since I started secondary school. That was the reason I worked so hard at school. I am seriously thinking about applying next year now as I’m scared I won’t hear from other Uni’s this year also as my GCSE were downgraded (I was always on track for 9s until GCSE mocks when I was ill (diagnosed with severe anxiety start of year 11 and put on meds). As I didn’t do well in three of my subjects I received 7s (even though in my Autumn report I was still on track for 9s!!). I am angry and upset as I feel let down by my school at that time as I can’t help wondering if that was the reason.
So sorry to hear this and honestly may well be the reason.Do wait and see what happens with your other unis and maybe you will want to apply next year or maybe you will get an offer or find something in clearing or extra. I am sure you are in shock now understandably but at the best of times Oxford is a punt and never a given. Even out of those who get an interview 2 out of 3 get rejected at least.
Look after yourself and there really is more to life than Oxford, so much more. Sending a virtual hug.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jiyaaa)
I have never related to something much. I just want an email at this point. Like is it too much to ask?
Please wait.
Anonymous #148
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jiyaaa)
I’m getting so stressed guys I still haven’t heard from Christchurch for history and I feel like everyone’s heard back😓😓
I have a friend who's in the exact same boat, she hasn't heard anything back.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (3)
5.66%
October 2021 (29)
54.72%
November 2021 (7)
13.21%
December 2021 (5)
9.43%
January 2021 (5)
9.43%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (2)
3.77%