Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
For degrees other than medicine and law, UCL has such low requirements despite being a top-ranked uni. Why is that so? Compare this to top unis in the US which UCL outranks - like Uni of Chicago or any of the Ivy Leagues. It is much much much harder to get into uni there!
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I don't think A*AA is low...
username4218074
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
I don't think A*AA is low...
yeah, its one of the higher offers? But then UCL have degrees that need AAB and stuff etc
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Levi.-)
yeah, its one of the higher offers? But then UCL have degrees that need AAB and stuff etc
Their lowest is ABB
username4218074
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Their lowest is ABB
tbf UCL prides itself on being this global vast interdisciplinary university so some courses naturally aren't that intensive/competitive as others. Hell I'd argue AAA needed for some Imperial and Oxford courses are quite low in comparison to the A*A*A courses they offer.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's all relative. And what you need to remember is that universities are businesses, too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (151)
43.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.8%

Watched Threads