Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Kool Everyone,

Just want to know if anyone knows of any good Life Drawing and Gesture Drawing tutorials?

I need to build up a nice portfolio so I want to get up to scratch .

Many Thanks

Hola @ Your Boi

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really a best life drawing tutorial out there - life drawing, anatomy and the human figure is something you really have to work on yourself with your own observations. However, on the side I've had my nose in Burne Hogarths books, particulaly Dynamic Figure Drawing, which documents areas such as pose, action and stance in a 3D space, as well as individual limb books like Drawing The Human Head and Drawing The Hand, etc. Very good books, but again, it all comes down to first hand experience in the field (i.e. life drawing classes)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutori...ing_techniques

Isn't bad (as a note they have lots of other good beginner tutorials). Trying searching on deviantart.com or just google. As 61e.CR says though, observation is the best way to go. Sign up to a life drawing class, or just sit out and sketch on the street (take photographs if you're shy).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 6, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.