Emma_Marian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Explain the cell biology of the tissue/cells in which prostate tumors arise in.

Im unsure on how to answer this???
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi there!

Are you doing A level bio or at uni? - it will determine the level of detail and stance necessary to answer your Q - dw, I will help you out!

M
Emma_Marian
Rep:
?
(Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon)
Hi there!

Are you doing A level bio or at uni? - it will determine the level of detail and stance necessary to answer your Q - dw, I will help you out!

M
Hi, thank you for your reply. I am in my second year of uni, but I have been advised to answer this in about 6 bullet points and to keep it short
macpatgh-Sheldon
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If A levels, it is probably a Q designed to test your knowledge of neoplastic disease in general.

If you are at uni, some info about prostate cancers specifically will also be good to include for your marks.
Emma_Marian
Rep:
?
(Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon)
If A levels, it is probably a Q designed to test your knowledge of neoplastic disease in general.

If you are at uni, some info about prostate cancers specifically will also be good to include for your marks.
Yeah so im in my second year. My lecturer stated that it should be brief, it is an answer for a quiz. But I'm unsure on how to answer it.
Last edited by Emma_Marian; 5 months ago
macpatgh-Sheldon
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you for such a super-quick reply - you would not mind sharing the trifle or Marlborough tart recipe that makes your fingers type so fast, would you - ok jk, relax! I think with my heart rate having been pushed up to nearly 50/min by the "sitting around" enforced by COVID-19, I better avoid al these yummy foods!

"Explain the cell biology of the tissue/cells in which prostate tumors arise in."
GENERAL:
--- loss of control of regulation of cell division in glandular epithelial cells
--- blockade of the suppressors of cell division ----> uncontrolled neoplasia
--- increase in telomerase levels [contain hTERT ----> malignant transformation
--- Mutations of TP53 gene [encodes p53 protein]

SPECIFIC:
--- look up PSA
--- cytokeratins ................. [adenocarcinoma = (part in bold) tumour of epithelial cells]

Please expand on these points, add others, delete some, etc according to your syllabus.

Best of luck & be safe!
M.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (214)
74.83%
No (72)
25.17%

Watched Threads