Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design: DJCAD - 2021 Entry

Watch
kawaii_panda101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi guys!
I saw there was no chat for this years applicants for DJCAD for 2021 entry.

I’m submitting my UCAS Application this week, where is everyone else? / General Chat about uni!
Ahhhhhelpppppp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by kawaii_panda101)
Hi guys!

I’m submitting my UCAS Application this week, where is everyone else? / General Chat about uni!
I want to go to that uni in 2022! Is there anyone who will not be staying in an apartment/will be communicating by car or bus or train? For my first year I’m considering doing this but dk if it’s a good option
ChaosAaf
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m applying this year too! I’m sending my UCAS away as soon as my teachers finished my reference lol. I’m in the process of making my folio, what courses are you applying for?
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ahhhhhelpppppp)
I want to go to that uni in 2022! Is there anyone who will not be staying in an apartment/will be communicating by car or bus or train? For my first year I’m considering doing this but dk if it’s a good option
Hi! I think I might try and defer to 2022. Not sure yet though, so we may meet someday! I am going to be living in Dundee Student Accommodation, sorry I personally can’t help with your question
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blatto)
I’m applying this year too! I’m sending my UCAS away as soon as my teachers finished my reference lol. I’m in the process of making my folio, what courses are you applying for?
Oooh exciting! Yay another person I am just applying for the General Art & Design Foundation. And then Graphic Design at Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Northumbria University. What about you? Also, please tell me I’m not the only one stressing about the portfolio!!!
ChaosAaf
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oooh exciting! Yay another person I am just applying for the General Art & Design Foundation. And then Graphic Design at Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Northumbria University. What about you? Also, please tell me I’m not the only one stressing about the portfolio!!!
I'm applying for the general foundation course too! It's my preferred one tbh. I've also applied for Graphic Design, illustration and animation at Edinburgh and then Communication Design at GSA. My lord don't get me started on folios, I keep looking at the examples and then my work and freaking out cause my stuff looks nothing like it 😬😬 you're definitely not alone
Ahhhhhelpppppp
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Omg that’s literally what I want to do!!! The general art foundation then hopefully graphic design unless I like art better it depends not 100% sure yet
Ahhhhhelpppppp
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi! I think I might try and defer to 2022. Not sure yet though, so we may meet someday! I am going to be living in Dundee Student Accommodation, sorry I personally can’t help with your question
If anyone is down later on in 2021 we can make a gc with all the ppl who r gonna do the general art foundation in 2022, it would definitely be better to start meeting ppl before I get there as I’m stressed about that too since I wouldn’t know anyone
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blatto)
I'm applying for the general foundation course too! It's my preferred one tbh. I've also applied for Graphic Design, illustration and animation at Edinburgh and then Communication Design at GSA. My lord don't get me started on folios, I keep looking at the examples and then my work and freaking out cause my stuff looks nothing like it 😬😬 you're definitely not alone
Omg same!!!! The portfolio is so much work and has caused many mental breakdowns honestly for me. I’m about to send my application off tomorrow I think!! Maybe we might meet someday 🙃 Would you say Dundee is your first choice?
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Omg that’s literally what I want to do!!! The general art foundation then hopefully graphic design unless I like art better it depends not 100% sure yet
Yay!!! Someone like me, yeah I feel graphic design is a better option for me and I just think it would be so cool!!! I’ve wanted to do this for a while 😄
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
If anyone is down later on in 2021 we can make a gc with all the ppl who r gonna do the general art foundation in 2022, it would definitely be better to start meeting ppl before I get there as I’m stressed about that too since I wouldn’t know anyone
Yeah same, I’ll just have to see if I decide to defer and whether they’ll let me 😀
Gemma Prince
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys!

Hi I’m a bit late to this but I sent my folio away a month ago and I’ve still not heard anything back is anyone the same ?
murraykirst
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gemma Prince)
Hi I’m a bit late to this but I sent my folio away a month ago and I’ve still not heard anything back is anyone the same ?
I haven't heard back either. I don't know how long they will take this yeah but last year it was around the end of March that we heard back. This year they have said that they are going to have a second round for people to submit further work but they haven't really set out how that's going to happen and they could change their mind about it. So we just have to wait and see what they will do.
murraykirst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
omg guys I just got an unconditional offer from Djcad!!!!
candyacidd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by murraykirst)
Haha me too! Def accepting it, this was my first choice.
murraykirst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by candyacidd)
Haha me too! Def accepting it, this was my first choice.
Nice, did you hear back today or on the 18th? Also do you know of anyone else who's heard at all cos I'm curious as to whether they are still having the 2nd portfolio phase like they planned or not.
Ha3e1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Can i ask what you applied for?
candyacidd
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nice, did you hear back today or on the 18th? Also do you know of anyone else who's heard at all cos I'm curious as to whether they are still having the 2nd portfolio phase like they planned or not.
I heard back on the 18th! I have a couple friends who heard back on the 17th but apart from that my other friends who applied haven’t heard anything at all yet...
candyacidd
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ha3e1)
I know you didn’t ask me but thought I’d also respond since I got an offer. I applied for general foundation
murraykirst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ha3e1)
General foundation have you applied or are u planning to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (121)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (366)
14.82%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (270)
10.93%
Lack of purpose or motivation (348)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (113)
4.57%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (149)
6.03%
Loneliness (212)
8.58%
Financial worries (91)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.29%
Exposure to negative news/social media (118)
4.78%
Lack of real life entertainment (130)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (215)
8.7%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (231)
9.35%

Watched Threads