The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Referral/retake

I want to know if you're allowed to do referral (summer resit) for a retake module. I read on the academic regulations that you're not allowed more than 4 attempts at a module but I'm unsure of what counts as the 4th attempt.
Original post by Anonymous
I want to know if you're allowed to do referral (summer resit) for a retake module. I read on the academic regulations that you're not allowed more than 4 attempts at a module but I'm unsure of what counts as the 4th attempt.

Hi there

When the module is registered it is your 1st attempt. If you fail the module you are allowed a referral. The referral submission is the 2nd attempt. If you fail the referral you are then allowed to retake the module. Which means essentially you have to pay for the module again. The first submission in the retake is the 3rd attempt and the referral within the retake is the 4th attempt. So four attempts in total. if you fail all four attempts at the module you cannot re-take it again. This may have serious implications in your final degree classification.

Hope this helps.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending