The Student Room Group

Exam cheating

Hi, I do alevels and I saw someone In my class when The teacher was out, who searched in the cupboards and found the January paper mocks and took one. There were a few others in class but they didn’t seem to notice (although they could have). I told the person to send me the papers and she said ok but don’t tell anyone. Now, this happened around an hour ago. I feel guilty and there’s no point in me getting the mock anyway since I’ll be revising for it like the real thing and you can’t cheat for ye real exams. She messaged me and said to not tell anyone and I replied by saying I don’t want the papers anymore. But what do I do? I feel sorry for my teacher and some others saw in my class probably and I was there just at the right time. If I had been there 5 min later, I wouldn’t have seen... advice from the grown ups?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m definitely not cheating, the girl also probs feels relieved that I don’t want them anymore but what do I do? For example, should I snitch? If teachers find out, wouldn’t they accuse me?
Reply 2
These are our mock exams though...
Reply 3
Will I be affected though? Like she’ll defo tell them how I wanted the exam papers though, but I’ve saved our convo on where I said I don’t want them. And that I’ll regret it
Original post by Anonymous
Will I be affected though? Like she’ll defo tell them how I wanted the exam papers though, but I’ve saved our convo on where I said I don’t want them. And that I’ll regret it

maybe tell the teacher anonymously that people have seen the mock paper, and then recommend teacher could change the test?

the teacher might just change the paper rather than scolding people who have supposedly cheated, and then those that have cheated would get karma when they open up the exam paper and realise it’s not the one they stole
Reply 5
Original post by studentdoing
maybe tell the teacher anonymously that people have seen the mock paper, and then recommend teacher could change the test?

the teacher might just change the paper rather than scolding people who have supposedly cheated, and then those that have cheated would get karma when they open up the exam paper and realise it’s not the one they stole

That’s true but there’s no way in telling the teacher anonymously, honestly I wish i came to lesson 5 min later...
That’s true but there’s no way in telling the teacher anonymously, honestly I wish i came to lesson 5 min later...

ahhh right i mean i guess you could always leave a note on the teacher’s desk, might seem a bit weird though idk

i guess you could always go and speak to her personally, but explain you don’t want to give anyone’s names away
Reply 7
Original post by studentdoing
ahhh right i mean i guess you could always leave a note on the teacher’s desk, might seem a bit weird though idk

i guess you could always go and speak to her personally, but explain you don’t want to give anyone’s names away

The note idea isn’t too bad. I’ll see what happens x I’ll actually ask my dad and see what he says
Anonymous not stating that you saw a student from your class getting out some exam papers they shouldn't have.
Or you could be totally honest
I would just keep quiet there’s no point telling the teacher you’ll be labelled a snitch for the rest of your school years, if the girl does get caught and tries to throw you under the bus just make sure to keep them screenshots of you saying you don’t want them:smile:
Original post by Spencer5567
I would just keep quiet there’s no point telling the teacher you’ll be labelled a snitch for the rest of your school years, if the girl does get caught and tries to throw you under the bus just make sure to keep them screenshots of you saying you don’t want them:smile:

I was actually thinking of something like this. I’m just worried about how much of an idiot I was in asking her to send me the papers (I told her not to later coz I’ll regret etc) I’m thinking that she can use that against me, although she hasn’t sent anything and I’ve told her not to
I was actually thinking of something like this. I’m just worried about how much of an idiot I was in asking her to send me the papers (I told her not to later coz I’ll regret etc) I’m thinking that she can use that against me, although she hasn’t sent anything and I’ve told her not to

Do you know the girl well? Does she seem like someone who would do that?
Just dont snitch - her cheating wont effect anyone but herself. she'll just struggle later on in the real exams. so its not your problem so avoid you getting *******ed and avoid being labeled a snitch (trust me no one likes ppl who snitch on otherss who cheating)
just leave it
Reply 14
Send your teacher a christmas card telling her what you saw and sign it John Doe, you'll be in the clear that way
Reply 15
if exams are cancellled it'll probs be your final grade
Reply 16
Original post by abc9988
if exams are cancellled it'll probs be your final grade

coming from someone who never cheated and then saw those who cheated on their mocks get A* CAGs
I was a teacher in a previous life and I would want to know if someone had swiped the mock - I wouldn’t mind if it was totally anonymised and if a note was left on my desk, even typed out, because I would be inclined to trust my students in that situation and understand why they didn’t want to land themselves in trouble with their peers. I would just really appreciate knowing so I could select and print a different paper. I don’t even know that I personally would call my class out on it - just changing the paper would be enough for me; but I’d let my HOD know.

That said, the teacher will 100% know if a student suddenly performs way above their usual parameters and it will raise questions, so something will get found out one way or another, even if it isn’t the full truth.
Reply 18
Original post by NeverANurse
I was a teacher in a previous life and I would want to know if someone had swiped the mock - I wouldn’t mind if it was totally anonymised and if a note was left on my desk, even typed out, because I would be inclined to trust my students in that situation and understand why they didn’t want to land themselves in trouble with their peers. I would just really appreciate knowing so I could select and print a different paper. I don’t even know that I personally would call my class out on it - just changing the paper would be enough for me; but I’d let my HOD know.

That said, the teacher will 100% know if a student suddenly performs way above their usual parameters and it will raise questions, so something will get found out one way or another, even if it isn’t the full truth.

Waffle

Quick Reply

Latest