The Student Room Group

Applications to LSHTM 2021/22

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I applied to the Epi msc last week, my references were contacted the next day. They both arrived yesterday so since then it's been under 'Academic Team Review'.
My friend who went to LSHTM in 2017 says that she didn't have to go through an interview. I see people in the thread saying they were asked to be interviewed for this year, does anyone know if this is a new thing there?

:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by hhbnkns63
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I applied to the Epi msc last week, my references were contacted the next day. They both arrived yesterday so since then it's been under 'Academic Team Review'.
My friend who went to LSHTM in 2017 says that she didn't have to go through an interview. I see people in the thread saying they were asked to be interviewed for this year, does anyone know if this is a new thing there?

:smile:

Heya, I was interviewed but I'm not sure whether it is course dependent or due to a high volume of applicants maybe? I wasn't aware that there would be an interview until I was emailed regarding one - and I still haven't heard back 😭
Original post by EPres
Heya, I was interviewed but I'm not sure whether it is course dependent or due to a high volume of applicants maybe? I wasn't aware that there would be an interview until I was emailed regarding one - and I still haven't heard back 😭

It might just be a medical statistics thing, I just checked and saw someone from a few years back from that course saying they were interviewed as well.
I also do think there will more applicants this year and therefore more competition, so I'm trying to keep my expectations quite low.
Original post by Nagapow
Received an offer for Health Policy, Planning and Finance (joint programme with LSE). I am waiting to hear back from LSE regarding a separate application for International Health Policy. Anyone got any thoughts/experience about which school to go for? I am torned between LSE prestige and LSHTM attractive list of modeules (some of which overlaps with LSE).

I'm biased because I'm at LSHTM currently, but I would say that in the public health world LSHTM is more prestigious than LSE, even though LSE might be better-known in general. So I'd also vote for HPPF.
Reply 24
Original post by Bedaquiline
I'm biased because I'm at LSHTM currently, but I would say that in the public health world LSHTM is more prestigious than LSE, even though LSE might be better-known in general. So I'd also vote for HPPF.

Thanks - yes, I have decided to go with LSHTM/LSE joint programme. The modules I wanted to do at LSE are all available for me to choose - so i am getting the best of both worlds and the resource of both worlds. Amazing course.
Got my offer the other day for immunology of infectious diseases!! Took about 4 weeks for them to get back to me
Original post by EPres
Yeah that's what mine says still!

Still waiting haha. Have you heard back yet? Starting to feel like it's a rejection just because of how long it's been.
Reply 27
Original post by m1432109
Still waiting haha. Have you heard back yet? Starting to feel like it's a rejection just because of how long it's been.

Hey, I got an offer last week! It was over 6 weeks after my interview though so don't lose hope yet 💕
Original post by Bedaquiline
Hey, I'm doing the Msc Public Health course at LSHTM currently; feel free to ask me any questions or drop me a pm!

do you have any PS tips?
Original post by EPres
Hey, I got an offer last week! It was over 6 weeks after my interview though so don't lose hope yet 💕

omg finally heard back after 3 months and I got accepted! <3
Reply 30
Original post by m1432109
omg finally heard back after 3 months and I got accepted! <3

Congratulations!! 💖
I'm going to apply but still haven't submitted my application. Do you think it's too late? I also applied to the STP but don't think I will be successful. If it takes a while to hear back, should i submit now rather than wait?
Reply 32
Original post by RiseRiot
I'm going to apply but still haven't submitted my application. Do you think it's too late? I also applied to the STP but don't think I will be successful. If it takes a while to hear back, should i submit now rather than wait?

I think the application deadline isn’t until the 31st of august for home students so you can wait but you have a better chance of getting in if you submit earlier as places will fill up.
Original post by Kess_Rowe
I think the application deadline isn’t until the 31st of august for home students so you can wait but you have a better chance of getting in if you submit earlier as places will fill up.

Hey guys I applied for control of infectious diseases last week, absolutely terrified because I really want to go to LSHTM, only one of my referees has submitted and it’s gone to academic team review, do you know if both of them need to submit for a decision to be made? I’m just wondering when I should start nagging my second referee
Reply 35
Original post by Alicebrown1998
Hey guys I applied for control of infectious diseases last week, absolutely terrified because I really want to go to LSHTM, only one of my referees has submitted and it’s gone to academic team review, do you know if both of them need to submit for a decision to be made? I’m just wondering when I should start nagging my second referee

For my med stats application they only requested a reference from one referee and then they requested a second one if they required it (for me it was after an interview but not sure for other courses)
How the interview was like? Questions?
Reply 37
Original post by Hussein_tz
How the interview was like? Questions?

They asked me some stats questions and some more standard questions - I was so caught off guard by the maths questions because I wasn't expecting it 😂
Reply 38
Original post by Alicebrown1998

I had the same issue and had to message admin to ask them to resend the email to my reference. They don’t fully process it until you’ve got both references I’m pretty sure.
Original post by Nagapow
Received an offer for Health Policy, Planning and Finance (joint programme with LSE). I am waiting to hear back from LSE regarding a separate application for International Health Policy. Anyone got any thoughts/experience about which school to go for? I am torned between LSE prestige and LSHTM attractive list of modeules (some of which overlaps with LSE).

Late reply but I was wondering what your profile was like. Am about to apply for this program!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending